Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Patrice,
I would like to express my sincerest thanks and appreciation for all your hard work in establishing and maintaining this board. I love it and know I'll get used to the new look just as I got used to the old one. I have gained so much knowledge and done so many projects suggested here on this board, it is the first thing I look at on line each day here in Australia, it is my companion over my breakfast every day.
Glenda
Old 11-04-2011, 04:17 PM

I haven't read through all the posts but I for one so appreciate the cream colored background to read messages on. For that these over 60 eyes are sending out a great big appreciative THANK-YOU!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:27 PM

I wanted to say that I've not been very happy about this change. I'm having a hard time doing the things that I liked about the board. I realize that change is inevitable, yet it's very hard when it hits all at once. I haven't left yet & I'm still trying. I hope to understand it soon. Now to go back & figure my picts out.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Hang in there, Patrice. It's really hard for some people to make changes. You're in good company --- Facebook made changes and it caused an uproar. At least you had the courtesy to warn us of the change!!! I think you for that!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by patricej View Post
not at all.

The complaints ... I get it. Many of them have merit and have been extremely valuable.

I referred specifically and exclusively to the vicious, self-centered, toddler tantrums and poison.

Those members of the family will not get to sit with the grown-ups this thanksgiving. I'm not sure they'd fit at the kiddie table. Out on the carport. Paper plates and canned soup.

(ok. You can sneak them a slice of pie. But no whipped cream.)

Patrice, you are just too funny
Old 11-04-2011, 04:34 PM

I have just spent some time on my profile page making it blue and yellow (cream). I love being able to do that.

This board is now more like every other forum board I've been on in the last several years.

For everyone having trouble with the white pages have you scrolled to the bottom of the page and made sure on the left hand side it says Default style and not Mobile style???

I understand how if the only forum one ever had experience with was the former Quilting Board set-up this is a shock. I just have to wonder if when they first came to the former QB didn't they have to learn their way around?
Did they automatically just visit or join and then magically know how to use the old one? I suspect the answer is No.

I'd give a million dollars if change was not a part of life and it gets harder as one gets older.

I don't care if this is just a V-Bulletin or E-Bulletin or LeFlora etc board it takes time to get the kinks worked out and every forum has different needs. I've got news for everyone as the changes occur to make things better (based on complaints/suggestions) that Patrice has received there will be more changes. In order to incorporate improvements the forum has to be tweaked.

Guess what...EVERYONE will NEVER be happy. If someone wants to pack up their toys and go home as far as I'm concerned it's their loss.

This forum does not exist because of one member but many. This forum is not centered around one member it's goal is to reach many. If one chooses to leave it will go on. I know Patrice and all the other mods are doing the best they can. I'd like to see someone take their place. I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

I have one more thing to address...from past experience at work...you can never be prepared for a change in computer upgrades. We were always warned, prepared and trained and it still was hard. So I have to disagree with some of the comments!

Sending choclate thoughts to Patrice and all the other mods...

Last edited by Gladys; 11-04-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 PM

I'm new here but I do want to thank Patrice and the team for their hard work. I've been through multiple format changes at OneList, eGroups, YahooGroups, About.com forums and many others. There's always complaining and people who storm off (and quietly return later). But some comments have been over the top and that's made me sad. Frustration brings out the worst in all of us sometimes. I hope those that love this community will take a deep breath and express their concerns in a more constructive way.

Sandy
Old 11-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by sandyquiltz View Post
I'm new here but I do want to thank Patrice and the team for their hard work. I've been through multiple format changes at OneList, eGroups, YahooGroups, About.com forums and many others. There's always complaining and people who storm off (and quietly return later). But some comments have been over the top and that's made me sad. Frustration brings out the worst in all of us sometimes. I hope those that love this community will take a deep breath and express their concerns in a more constructive way.
Sandy
Well stated, I'm clapping in agreement...................
Old 11-04-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
I have just spent some time on my profile page making it blue and yellow (cream). I love being able to do that.

This board is now more like every other forum board I've been on in the last several years.

For everyone having trouble with the white pages have you scrolled to the bottom of the page and made sure on the left hand side it says Default style and not Mobile style???

I understand how if the only forum one ever had experience with was the former Quilting Board set-up this is a shock. I just have to wonder if when they first came to the former QB didn't they have to learn their way around?
Did they automatically just visit or join and then magically know how to use the old one? I suspect the answer is No.

I'd give a million dollars if change was not a part of life and it gets harder as one gets older.

I don't care if this is just a V-Bulletin or E-Bulletin or LeFlora etc board it takes time to get the kinks worked out and every forum has different needs. I've got news for everyone as the changes occur to make things better (based on complaints/suggestions) that Patrice has received there will be more changes. In order to incorporate improvements the forum has to be tweaked.

Guess what...EVERYONE will NEVER be happy. If someone wants to pack up their toys and go home as far as I'm concerned it's their loss.

This forum does not exist because of one member but many. This forum is not centered around one member it's goal is to reach many. If one chooses to leave it will go on. I know Patrice and all the other mods are doing the best they can. I'd like to see someone take their place. I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

I have one more thing to address...from past experience at work...you can never be prepared for a change in computer upgrades. We were always warned, prepared and trained and it still was hard. So I have to disagree with some of the comments!

Sending choclate thoughts to Patrice and all the other mods...
Hear, Hear!! Found a new improved FAQ site and printed it out - now I've lost it again!! But just a good example of how are needs are being listened to.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Default Thank you

Patrice for all the time and energy you have pout into this upgrade And I know you have been busy trying to keep up with all the PMs , so for that you get all the extra whip cream for Thanksgiving