Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-04-2011, 03:53 PM

I know I have already posted on other threads that as soon as I learn my way around here things will be fine...I also feel the need to say that even if one doesn't like something, there is a constructive and courteous way to say it. Thank you to everyone who has a hand in keeping this board up and going for all of us!
Regards to all,
Kif
PS My son's career is IT (information technology), and after hearing just a small bit of what it takes to get/keep an internet site/computers going just boggles my lil ole mind!!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-04-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:54 PM

As I become more familar with the in's and out's of this new set up I think that this is going to be a winner.
Sure, change is hard and we do get set in our "old" ways....but, change can also be a good thing and an adventure.

It's a fact that you just can't please ALL the people ALL the time. However, I think that in time the concenses wil be that this is a good change and we will really enjoy all the new features.

Thank you Patrice for your patiences with us ...having to deal with all the negativity...for what it is worth I am sending you a 'pat on the back' for all the work you put into this board. (Don't know how you do it, just sooooooooo much work)
GOOD JOB!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:55 PM

WOW - Everyone else stated this so much better than I could. Some of the people with their downright mean comments really left me scratching my head. On top of that the people who quit the board over a change. It boggles my mind.

I rather like the new board. I know it is a change (and there are times I have to walk away and come back) but I really think it is all for the better.

Thank you for making a nice home for us. Thank you for helping us. Thank you for having patience with all of us as we stumble through.

Please don't let the negatives outweigh the good comments - there have been a ton of good comments!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bobby_Jo View Post
So if we don't like the new version of the site, does that mean we're not part of your family?
not at all.

the complaints ... i get it. many of them have merit and have been extremely valuable.

i referred specifically and exclusively to the vicious, self-centered, toddler tantrums and poison.

those members of the family will not get to sit with the grown-ups this Thanksgiving. i'm not sure they'd fit at the kiddie table. out on the carport. paper plates and canned soup.

(ok. you can sneak them a slice of pie. but no whipped cream.)
Old 11-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Thumbs up Patience is a virtue.

And you, the other mods, and the IT folks behind the scenes have REAL patience and thick skins!!! I'm horrified at the vehement negative comments by some people the past few days. That kind of ugliness was totally uncalled for. I only hope those folks hang their heads in shame for speaking of fellow human beings in that manner.

I've been thru several major computer system upgrades during my career and in my experience you all have done an exceptional job getting us up and running again while tweaking the ineveitable bugs that mysteriously appear. Kudos to everyone!

I happen to love the new board; yes, I get a little lost sometime, but I found some neat stuff in my accidental side trips around the system. It gets easier every day...even my old stroke addled brain is retaining some of what I've learned!! I ain't going any where except to explore some more!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Hi Charlee, you are the first person I regonized from the old forum. Glad you are here. Lucy
Old 11-04-2011, 04:05 PM

I'm guilty of being one of the ones that didn't like the board...I was just very comfortable with the old one and felt sort of lost and helpless here. I've since learned how to do new things on my computer to get the colors where I want them. I have a peachy-tannish background with brown font which is very easy on the eyes (mine anyway). I'm learning my way around the new board and getting used to it slowly but surely. I didn't want to leave this board because there are so many nice people here. I'd also like to say a big "Thank you" now for all the work you do here Patrice. )
Old 11-04-2011, 04:11 PM

As we get older and more set in our ways making changes in our everyday life gets difficult for some of us.... I know i am a creature of habit and it is disturbing to try and learn new things, but this too will get better. Thanks Patrice for all your help and to the developers who are trying to make things better for all of us. We just have to bare with it and it will get better.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Could someone please explain the "ignore" button? Where it is and how to use it?
Stick with it,Patrice!! I notice that many negative posts are from "members" that hardly ever contribute to the board!
lol. Would you prefer I be a babbling fool with a couple thousand posts in a little over a year? Trust me, that won't happen. I'm too busy living and quilting.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM

After doing without the board for one day I'm so glad to have it back! I will learn the ins & outs of this new system and am glad to have it! Thanks to all who worked so hard on it and continue to work on it!!!!