Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Management. Taking a poll

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Yes I have a clock in the room I sew in, but I don't look at it too much.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Oh yes I have a clock in my sewing room. I NEED IT because I sew before I go to work, and if I don't go to work I won't have any money to sew, LOL I also sew before I go to bed, and if I didn't have my clock, I would sew in to the wee hours of the morning, then I would be too tired to work.LOL

I don't have a clock in the sewing room. I very seldom have the free time to spend hours in the sewing room, and when I do I take full advantage of it.

Yes, I have a small clock. I'm of a generation that uses clocks. I don't have a laptop & my cell phone is a prepaid thing that stays in my purse.
    Carol in Michigan

Blog Entries
    I am a time watcher. I have a timer by the computer, by my sewing machine. I multitask all day (work at home realtor), I have been known to put a cake in the oven and go up stairs and start sewing, only to brought to attention by the smell of something burnt. I am a bit hyper, and when I am sewing something that is boring (like strip binding), or making intricate blocks, I set goals. Like, "I am going to sew this for 15 minutes before I take a coffee break), It keeps me on task. I cannot seem to sit for any length of time, so I sew, I compute, make a few business calls, type a few letters, go down stairs and dust a bit, take the dogs for a walk, straighten out some fabric, go through some boxes in that attic that haven't been opened since we moved here (7 years ago). Garden a bit, put a cake together, all by lunch time.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I don't have a clock in my sewing studio, but if I need to do something besides sew at a specific time I just set myself a timer on my phone. Otherwise when I'm in there I figure if I've found time to be in there I don't need to worry about how long I'm in there. I do, however, need to take breaks occasionally so I look at a clock when I come out to get a snack or use the potty. And if I don't have anything I need to do besides make dinner I set a timer for that as well. Though I have been thinking it'd be fun to have a Dresden plate clock in there! So maybe one day I will have one?

Blog Entries
    My clock says 'what ever' and all the numbers are laying at the bottom of the clock. I have several clocks in all my rooms and almost never look at them for the time. I keep a vintage Baby Ben by my DHM so when I only have a limited amount of time to sew I set the alarm so I can stay on schedule.

Today I was in my studio from 7:00am till 6:00pm.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I have a clock in my sewing room but it is behind me and I can ignore it as long as I want.
    I have to " really" want to look to find out the time. I find out that most of the time I don't really give a darn what the time is.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    Oh yes I have a clock in my sewing room. I NEED IT because I sew before I go to work, and if I don't go to work I won't have any money to sew, LOL I also sew before I go to bed, and if I didn't have my clock, I would sew in to the wee hours of the morning, then I would be too tired to work.LOL
    Yep, this is me, too!! Especially the wee hours bit!

I actually really like clockworks and clocks for some reason. I don't feel particularly ruled by them (although in reality I very much am, LOL) I have clocks in every room (multiples in many rooms). I just think they're neat for some reason.

I have a clock. I look at it, but my back and shoulders tell me when it is time to leave.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

I don't have a clock anywhere in my house except for the microwave! Is that weird? My cell phone alarm wakes me up in the morning. While sewing, I also use my cell phone to keep an eye on the time, but I like to lose myself. That's the fun and relaxation for me. Sewing is my time.
    Jenny in DC

I sew in the living room, where the TV cable box has a clock, and in the kitchen where there is a clock on the wall. But I also have a tiny clock on my wrist - called a WATCH. Guess nobody else wears them. LOL. My body and my hubby also tell me when it's time to eat, or walk, or do something else.

I have a clock on my sewing machince and only look at it when I start getting tired and by then it is usually time to quit.

Blog Entries
    I have a clock because it's pretty and when I saw it I knew I had to have it for my sewing room.
    Got fabric?

I have a clock in my sewing room. I have been known to not change it when the time changes! But truthfully I never sit for very long anyway. Aches get me moving out of my chair or away from the cutting mat.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
    I sew in the living room, where the TV cable box has a clock, and in the kitchen where there is a clock on the wall. But I also have a tiny clock on my wrist - called a WATCH. Guess nobody else wears them. LOL. My body and my hubby also tell me when it's time to eat, or walk, or do something else.
    I wear a watch, too, but never at home.

Blog Entries
    I promised I stop at 5:00 pm everyday ! For that reason I keep up with time but dont have a clock in the sewing room.

I have a clock radio in my sewing room. It is pretty obvious that I don't look at it very often. Today, I finally set it on Daylight Savings Time. Guess I hadn't checked the time on it recently.

Blog Entries
    Yes I do have a clock I don't change the time from daylight to central standard. I usually don't realize how long I am sewing I get lost in the projects I a doing so I really need the clock

I have one but forget it is there half the time.it is to the right of my machine and high on the wall. The only time I worry about time is when I have to get up early for work ... Then I try to keep track so I go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Blog Entries
    I could sew for eight to ten hours into the night and loose all track of time. Being so tired the next day, did not help me out at work. As a Christmas exchange present one year, a co-worker gave me a cute clock for my sewing room. It changed my life. It reminded me when to go to bed, and as a result, I did better at work the next day. Now I am retired and the little clock is still ticking but I don't look at it too much any more.

No, I do not have a clock in my sewing area, it would just take up space
    Amythyst

Yeah, I have one.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

My husband shares the room with me, it's our sewing/computer room. there's a clock in it but I have to remind him to get up from his computer and walk around or he would sit for hours at a time. He is learning to make the patterns for my embroidery machine. But the computer is addicting for him anyway. I wonder around alot from one machine to the other either sewing (quilt tops or quilting) then there's the 2 embroidery machines I could keep running all the time if I chose to. Retirement is fun.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

I do have a clock in the sewing room. The only time I look at it is when I know I have to stop to go to work or when I have something else I need to do at any certain time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast