Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time Management. Taking a poll

No clock, let the body speak for me, or hubby will peak in when he starts getting hungry, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    The clock in my studio merely tells me when my next favorite show will be on; doesn't seem to have anything to do with my sewing at all!

Jan in VA
    Same here! Besides I'm retired so I quilt whenever and for how ever long I want. Sweetie and DGS know how to microwave if I get busy so they will not starve.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

I do have a clock in my sewing room! Actually, 2 - one on the wall and an antique one on a shelf. I don't ever look at them unless I need to do something at a certain time or I feel like I've been in there for a really long time. I just let time float away
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

I have a clock in my sewing room, but I have 2 cats that know when it's 5 o'clock, as that is feeding time. Time to stop.
    Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
    Charles M. Schulz

The clock radio in my studio shows the radio station not the time. My watch or phone do the time keeping. Usually I don't bother to look at either unless there is something going on at a particular time that I need to be aware of the time. Friends and family know to look for me in my studio if they can't find me!

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I have other things that must be done (cleaning, cooking, volunteering) and stuff like that. So yes I do have a clock in my craft room, but I really rely on my timer to let me know when it is time to move on to something else.

I have a chime clock and one on the Bose-I ignore both. DH will come and get me when he thinks I been at it for too long. Sometimes I ignore him and sometimes I am grateful as I have played longer than I wanted. I usually play until either my back hurts or I get too cold or hot. My room is an upstairs spare not really made for anything but storage.

Blog Entries
    Certainly not. Shudder....
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

I have two clocks in my sewing room, just can not seem to find the time to look at them!!! LOL

I actually have 2 clocks in my room-1 on the wall and the other on my cutting table. I know I've been at it too long when my kitten Toby climbs on my chest and starts rubbing my face!!!! "It's me time" so I give up--he won't leave me alone if I don't quit.
    Kathy Osterby

I have a clock that is a purple flower, and hangs on the wall just above my machine area. I need the clock, as I am only in the room for short spurts of time mostly. 20 min. before work, 30 min. in evening, etc.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

If I didn't have one. I would never get to work on time, go to bed, fix supper, change out the wash for the dry. and on and on and on. to bad We have to pay the bills I could stay in my sewing room 24/7.
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

No clocks in my house at all. Use either the laptop or cell phone. And no I'm not young - I did grow up with clocks

I had a clock in my old sewing room. I now have a new sewing room and I didn't move it yet. I never looked at it nor changed the time on it. I put a new battery in it at some point. I wear a watch all the time very seldom look at it either. I have HGTV on all the time, mainly for the sound and very seldom look at it. I check the time when I go outside to smoke and that tells me when to stop in the evenings so I can get up early and go to work. My Husband likes a strict schedule, not me.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
    I'm retiring in 4 days,at which time the watch will go in the drawer with the alarm clock..we only have a clock in the kitchen,and I don't think I'll spend much time in that room! LOL!
    Lucky you, congratulations!

Blog Entries
    I have a clock in the dining is where I sew. But it doesn't mean anything. I get so in grossed with what I am doing and time flys by quickly I might add. So the clock doesn't help me.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar
    No clock in my sewing room. I'm often shocked when I emerge and check the kitchen clock. Time goes by at a very different rate when I'm in there.

Yes I have clock in my sewing. I have to set a timer so i can start dinner. Time gets away when haveing fun.

I do not have a clock in my sewing room. I stop when I'm tired, hungry or just need a break. The fur people will come get me if they want to go outside. I have finally reached the point in my life where I'm not governed by a clock any more. Yea!!!!

No, no clocks, like many, my hands and back tell me when to get up. If I'm quilting (HQ) I can only go about 1.5 hours and I have to get up ( fingers go numb, legs go numb). Have to watch the time to pick up Grandkids from preschool, so I do get up often to go outside and smoke.

I do have a clock, but don't pay attention to it.

I have a clock in my sewing room but I rarely look at it. If I have something important like making dinner, I set the alarm on my Bernina 820. When the dealer told me about this feature I laughed but I use this feature often. Who woulda thought ???
    Dance like no one is watching

I do but usually just stop sewing when I get tired.
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

Blog Entries
    Like others here, my body or hands tell me when it's time to quit. There is a clock on the A/C remote but I only use that if there is something I want to listen to (watch). I have a radio/CD player but no computer. It stays inside the house or I'd never get any sewing done.

Blog Entries
    My DH made me a quilted clock (Dresden Plate pattern modified) and I love it. It hangs on the wall BEHIND my sewing chair so I really have to make an effort to see it.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast