Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tin Lizzie >

Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie

Old 05-20-2011, 09:51 AM

I have the Ansley 26 with the Phenox Frame and I love the frame, the only thing I changed or added was the barrel locks on the end to hold the clamps tighter.

Cheryel
Old 10-07-2011, 09:34 PM

Pat
What problem were you having that the dealer kept replacing an encoder? Was the machine racing (going real fast?). Did you join our TinLizzieLonarm group at yahoo?
It may be that you need a circuit board replaced, or really, just make an adjustment...I had to pay by credit card for the replacement board...and still had problem...so Isaac had me turn a little white screw on the board...fixed! I returned the first board & they gave me full credit on my card. The board is very expensive (500.00 almost) so, they do require a credit card to replace it. That way if you don't return the original...they charge you for it. That's probably why your dealer wouldn't order it for youl.

If you haven't yet, join the yahoo group, we have a few dealers there, and some really helpful users!

Originally Posted by pat brundage
I bought a Tin Lizzie in May of 2010 and it has never worked longer then three weeks at a time since. The repairman from the dealer has been out several times but just replaces the part called the encoder and makes no effort to find the root of the problem. I have left messages at the company many times and they seldom call you back. One time Ernie Floyd, owner
of the company (he says) did call back, asked questions and said he would send a part the next day. The dealer called later and said they would not replace thaqt part and since then I have
left three messages and have never gotten a return call yet
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 PM

First, Are you bringing up the bobbin thread and holding it while you take the first few tiny stitches? is the quilt too tight on the machine? Have you resolved the problems?
Old 10-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cheryel
New to the sight and looking forward to hearing more. I have the Ansley 26 with the Phenox frame.

Cheryel
How are you liking your Ansley 26 so far? I currently have my Tin Lizzie 18 for sale because I want to upgrade to a longer throat, but it seems very few people have the Ansley 26 yet, so I haven't been able to get an opinion on that one. I know my Dealer upgraded her Tin Lizzie 18 to the Ansley 26 recently and absolutely loves it. Just would like to hear a couple other people's opinions on it before I make a decision to go with that one once I get my Tin Lizzie 18 sold.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by margecam52
Pat
What problem were you having that the dealer kept replacing an encoder? Was the machine racing (going real fast?). Did you join our TinLizzieLonarm group at yahoo?
It may be that you need a circuit board replaced, or really, just make an adjustment...I had to pay by credit card for the replacement board...and still had problem...so Isaac had me turn a little white screw on the board...fixed! I returned the first board & they gave me full credit on my card. The board is very expensive (500.00 almost) so, they do require a credit card to replace it. That way if you don't return the original...they charge you for it. That's probably why your dealer wouldn't order it for youl.

If you haven't yet, join the yahoo group, we have a few dealers there, and some really helpful users!

Originally Posted by pat brundage
I bought a Tin Lizzie in May of 2010 and it has never worked longer then three weeks at a time since. The repairman from the dealer has been out several times but just replaces the part called the encoder and makes no effort to find the root of the problem. I have left messages at the company many times and they seldom call you back. One time Ernie Floyd, owner
of the company (he says) did call back, asked questions and said he would send a part the next day. The dealer called later and said they would not replace thaqt part and since then I have
left three messages and have never gotten a return call yet
You can also try this. Take the cover off the back wheel of the machine and look where the little green circuit board is. Tot he right of that there is a wheel that turns (this is the wheel that is regulating the stitch length for the stitch regulator). Take a can of air and genlty blow off the tines on the wheel in case there is any debris on one of them that is causing a problem. Then look where those tines turn by that circuit board. There is a little u-shaped slot cut out of the right side of that circuit board. The tines on the wheel that turn, should go about half way into that u- shaped slot. If the tines are more than half way into the u-shaped slot, the machine may race and not stitch correctly. And it will do the same if the tines do not reach into the u-shaped slot at least half way. I recently had this problem and all you do is loosen the screw that holds that circuit board in place and move the circuit board so the tines on the wheel are positioned exactly at the half way point of that
u-shaped slot. It is such an easy fix. When you take the can of air and blow off the tines of the wheel, also make sure you gently blow off that green curcuit board. If there is any lint on the stitch regulator sensor that is located on that board, which also helps regulate the stitch regulator, it will also cause problems with your stitch regulator. I use the air can to gently blow air on the whole area about once a month to keep it lint free. It is all about keeping everything lint free on the machine to prevent problems. I haven't had a problem since I am conscious about keeping this area very clean.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:43 PM

This is an interesting topic for me. I have been daydreaming (wishing, hoping) about getting a long arm. I have been considering the Ansley 26 versus the Tin Lizzie 18 the price is about $3000 difference. I was thinking if I got the shorter one then I would regret it? Anyone have any suggestions? crafty_linda_b
Old 10-08-2011, 05:57 PM

It depends on the size of the quilts you will be doing, and how much room you have for the frame.

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
This is an interesting topic for me. I have been daydreaming (wishing, hoping) about getting a long arm. I have been considering the Ansley 26 versus the Tin Lizzie 18 the price is about $3000 difference. I was thinking if I got the shorter one then I would regret it? Anyone have any suggestions? crafty_linda_b