Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Today I became a member of the "Sewn finger Club" >

Today I became a member of the "Sewn finger Club"

Today I became a member of the "Sewn finger Club"

Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
Have the paramedics at your fire department look at it. They shouldn't charge for it--part of your town services.
Such a BRILLIANT suggestion!!!! I will have to remember this one.

Sorry that you have entered the club. I have had the luck of having two enteries; the first when I was a child, playing around on moms machine without supervision. The second, when I was not paying attention and trying to hurry at the same time. I hope that yours heals fine.

Last edited by Chicca; 07-08-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 07-08-2012, 10:00 AM

I hope by now you washed it, and put antibiotic cream on.. I'm wondering if you can try putting a magnet near the area, and see if it attracts something.. Also, foriegn bodies usually will come to the surface.. Also, you might want to ice it to take down the imflammation..
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Even though in high school my home ec teacher kept warning me - I sewed through my finger. Guess I'm a slow learner because I did it a second time as an adult. Now I just try to keep my fingers back. I feel your pain.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:08 PM

I joined the club when I was 4 years old. My mother answered the phone, and I grabbed the chance to sew. Lucky for me, both the phone and the sewing machine were in the kitchen of our farmhouse. Also, to my benefit, my mother was a nurse!

Dayle
Old 07-08-2012, 05:15 PM

I LA'd mine about a year ago...hurt like blazes but boy, was it quick!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:22 PM

Oh ouch!!! I have not joined this club and NEVER intend to - well heck, who would do that on purpose??? Ok, one of my students deliberately stapled his finger when I told him not to, but...just sayin'. I don't have insurance so I wouldn't be going to the doctor either, but I certainly hope it all came out. Foreign bodies tend to work their way out of our bodies, so you might be getting a surprise in a few months!! Heal quickly!!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:26 PM

OUCH!! Never sewed through one of my fingers, but run my arm through the ringer of my mom's washer once. My dad had to come home from work and release the ringer as my mom wasn't strong enough and I was caught pretty good!!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM

I joined the club when I was 16. so I know your pain. I still get a twinge when I get that finger too close to the needle. You might try soaking it in some Epson salts and hot water, that might draw it out if there is a piece left. Hope it heals well.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM

Here is my horror story..I was sewing on an industrial sewing machine and I was guiding the piece (working with neoprene) and did not stop fast enough and the needle went in the flesh between 1[SUP]st[/SUP]/2[SUP]nd[/SUP] finger and reactions jumped in and I pulled my hand out. Big ouch..needed 3 stitches. First and only stitches in my life.

Sending loving healing hugs your way
Old 07-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

Ouch, been there too but without the worry of a needle piece left in. I managed to piece the pieces back together to see it was all there. Can you get the firemen to check it or have a friend with a metal detector? I hope it heals up well for you and that all the metal is out.