Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Two months to crank out ~10 gifts... ideas?! >

Two months to crank out ~10 gifts... ideas?!

Two months to crank out ~10 gifts... ideas?!

Old 11-04-2014, 02:04 AM

I made 4 fabric boxes over the weekend. Your could fill them with whatever you'd like or make sets for the couples.

I'm on my iPad and linking doesn't work well. I just posted a thread about the boxes last week.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:07 AM

I'm making some fabric covered hangers- everybody hangs at least some of their clothes up! I've made bread basket liners in the past- those always went over well.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:11 AM

I'm giving a relative a handmade quilted tote bag filled with fancy food items.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:24 AM

Pillow cases would be great and for the little one a pillow case in plush fleece would be great. Lots of themed fleece out there.

I try to do something handmade for my family members each year. One year I made lots of fun potholder sets and put together cookbooks for each household. Another year I bought sets of Christmas plaid drinking mugs, filled each with my spice tea recipe and made a tin of pumpkin cookies for each household.

This year I am working on making pillowcases for adults and children from my stash. I am using the pillowcases as the wrapping and will stuff a little something in each. My family knows that I am working on quilts for everyone, so whichever ones I have done by the holiday, I pass those out.

I normally scour clearance aisles throughout the year, especially after holidays, for stocking stuffer items for the Christmas holidays. I have plenty of stuff to stick in the pillow cases. For the teenager, you may want to do some sort of gift card of their interest in a fun wrapping.

Last year I gave my friend's son a gift card to the Itunes store (for music downloads) with an Axe Men gift set (body products)that I found on clearance for $5.00 all in a fun gift bag. If your teen is a girl, maybe you can do a gift card to Bath & Body Works or whatever her interest are. Some have Kindles and want to purchase books or games. You have license to be creative in making 'I am thinking of you' holiday gifts and plenty of time.

Last edited by Havplenty; 11-04-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

I am making table toppers from charm squares. They go together quickly.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:30 AM

I think microwave bowls or pot holders/oven mitts would be good for the married couples and any individual adults. The teen girl would probably love a scarf, either of fleece or a fabric infinity scarf (I have four granddaughters ages 7-16 and they all love their scarves).
For the little one, a pillow case with a favorite character would be great.
Good luck with your projects. I'm sure whatever you make will be well-received. It's the thought that counts.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

I just made a bunch of these bags for a craft fair. Most women like them and would find a use for one. Just google "zippered bag tutorial" online if you don't know how to make them.
Attached Thumbnails bags-001.jpg   sewing-area-002.jpg  
Old 11-04-2014, 12:45 PM

Beautiful bags, sewbizgirl!! I must follow you on Instagram because I feel like I saw these recently. LOL
Old 11-05-2014, 01:52 AM

Last year I made all the adults (12 in all) the roll up first aid kits. I went to Dollar Tree and got all the band aids, alcohol swabs, hand wash, fingernail clippers, first aid ointment, tweezers, tissues and filled them. They were great gifts. I don't have the link to the tutorial right now, but you could google it. They all put them in their cars and have told me thoughout the year that it was so handy and useful.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:30 AM

Cookie or soup mixes in a jar, mug rugs and matching cups, pillowcases in either regular or travel sizes, hot pepper jelly, table runners, potholders, oven mitts, CD holders for the visor in their cars, dish drainer mats, decorated dish towels, bath towels with initials, crocheted name doilies, etc, etc.