Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 06-05-2010, 12:39 PM

Gamnet great quilt, love the colors and contrast!!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 PM

I am having the worse time trying to get pictures of the quilts I did last weekend to catch up loaded here. wish I could just copy and paste into the message here, URGH, I feel so stupid. will keep trying! If anyone can help I would appreciate it. on the attachments I cannot get a browser button to work with and cannot get a copy and paste of the link to work either. I think either I'm dense or there is something wrong with my computer with up and down loading.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Raining all day so I'll have to take pictures tomorrow (hopefully). Made 2 Christmas pillow cases, finished a toddler quilt, finished baby blanket and 2 table runners. This should bring me up to May.

I still have 3 baby quilts to finish, an I spy quilt, a patriotic quilt and an ABC wallhanging. Phew. Right now I'm working on my Siggy squares but they aren't a UFO, just have a deadline for them.

Congratulations Lyn4ty on getting your UFO's done. Your determination gave me the encouragement to get busy too. Thanks.
Here's an attempt to post pics. I'm catching up. Did January so here are Feb., March, April. Sorry they are side-ways so you have to rotate your head.

February ABC quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86553[/ATTACH]

February quilt back. Wish the quilting showed up better. It was a really cool zig-zag like crayons
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86554[/ATTACH]

March BB blanket draped over lawn chair
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86555[/ATTACH]

I outlined some of the figures instead of quilting the whole thing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86558[/ATTACH]

Backing was soft fuzzy minkee.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86559[/ATTACH]

April - Two pillowcases started last August. All cut and pinned but never finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86560[/ATTACH]

Snowflakes added to trim
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86561[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86548.jpe   attachment-86549.jpe   attachment-86550.jpe   attachment-86553.jpe   attachment-86554.jpe  

attachment-86555.jpe   attachment-86556.jpe  
Old 06-15-2010, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Raining all day so I'll have to take pictures tomorrow (hopefully). Made 2 Christmas pillow cases, finished a toddler quilt, finished baby blanket and 2 table runners. This should bring me up to May.

I still have 3 baby quilts to finish, an I spy quilt, a patriotic quilt and an ABC wallhanging. Phew. Right now I'm working on my Siggy squares but they aren't a UFO, just have a deadline for them.

Congratulations Lyn4ty on getting your UFO's done. Your determination gave me the encouragement to get busy too. Thanks.
OKAY - so here's May's project. It may not seem like some of these are any big deal, but if you knew what my life has been like, sewing a button on is a big thing. So here is May. I made 3 table runners. They are 48 inches long. It's called a "10 minute table runner". It was very simple/easy to do.

I had to wait for a nice day to take pictures outside. My inside lighting sucks. Please excuse the fold lines. They've been folded up waiting to take pics.

Two of the 3 table runners draped over porch chair
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86562[/ATTACH]

Third table runner. I changed the inside stripes on each one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86563[/ATTACH]

The border stitch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86564[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86557.jpe   attachment-86558.jpe   attachment-86559.jpe  
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Oh my goodness, I got my toes in on one of the pics. That's my "street-walker red" polish. :lol: :lol: :lol: Didn't mean to get those toes into the pic.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

burnsk, Where did you get the pattern for the 10 minute tablerunner. That would be a great stashbuster.

Well, I finally had to stop reading and just look at the pictures. Beautiful work everyone!

I am going to finish a UFO this month. The first UFO will be a commissioned quilt. Hopefully I can finish by the end of the month. I have the blocks finished. Now to put them together, quilt and bind. That would be great.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 PM

My June goal is to get the borders sewn on all the towels I've bought for this project last year. Everyone was going to get a set and they were supposed to be Christmas presents. i've got the fabric stripes all cut and pinned and ready to go but that's as far as it's ever gone. Another very simple project that I got ready to sew and put on a shelf because there were more 'pressing' matters to attend to. This UFO challenge is really helping me finish these so simple things. AND I probably shouldn't even admit this (but where else but on the QB can you bare your soul), I have 18 purses cut out waiting to be put together. Hey - I got on a roll.

My sister is having surgery the 22nd and I get to play Nurse Cratchett (or is it Nurse Ratchett?) for her recovery. For two weeks all I will have to do is cook and medicate her. (LOL, LOL, LOL) So, I'm taking all this stuff with me and for 2 weeks I hope I can make a big dent in more projects.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
burnsk, Where did you get the pattern for the 10 minute tablerunner. That would be a great stashbuster.

Well, I finally had to stop reading and just look at the pictures. Beautiful work everyone!

I am going to finish a UFO this month. The first UFO will be a commissioned quilt. Hopefully I can finish by the end of the month. I have the blocks finished. Now to put them together, quilt and bind. That would be great.
I ran into the table runner at a quilt shop. It really wasn't a pattern, they just did it. I'll pull out the directions I wrote down and post them. Would that be considered a tutorial? I have some Halloween fabric that I bought to do this so maybe I can make it and add some pictures to the directions as I do it. Thanks for asking.

You're right - everyone's projects are beautiful. Good luck on your commissioned quilt and looking forward to pictures.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Power Poster

Thanks so much! I would love to read the tutorial.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 PM

Pretty, pretty, pretty.