Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Help (pics added ) >

UFO Help (pics added )

UFO Help (pics added )

Old 10-27-2008, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Speaking for myself, it is easier not to roll it.

I start in the middle and work my way out to the sides if I am meandering. Otherwise, I go very slow and keep fluffing the quilt to keep the underside from bunching up.

Your quilt is very pretty!
I also find rolling it is a chore as you have to keep unrolling it.... I will be attempting free motion quilting soon and I am getting nervous about how to get it to go through the arm of my Husqvarna Platnium 750. I will figure it out as I go I would imagine!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by froggy
girls, girls, girls!!

I know it is daunting! A tight roll is what is needed here. I use "BananaClips" for rolling my quilts to get them as close as I can to the "wall" on my machine. these can be found in all sizes, suitible for small quilts to big quilts
they are available in the hair care section of most drug and variety stores.
They are much cheaper than the bicycle clips sold for this purpose

let me know what you think or if they work for you!!

I think that is a great idea, will be trying it on my next quilt as I nearly drove myself mad with the last one too. It makes sense.

Thanks again

Elle

froggy
Old 10-27-2008, 07:50 AM

Rolling is great as long as the roll isn't so big that it gets stuck in the harp area. Tugging and pulling that roll through there is a nightmare on the larger quilts with my Husqvarna Lily 540 - remember you still have to have someplace to put your right hand.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 AM

Aggi...go small like a table throw first on your machine quilting. Helps w/the movement and motion or getting the rhythm. Also..rolling isn't a chore for me when quilting, it seems to unroll itself. Could be the way I roll it and the lack of clipping (clipping posts-good idea!)or keeping it clipped to keep it from unrolling. I find it a 'good thing' if I am not doing straight line quilting (to roll it)...just my 2 cents-Skeat

Loretta...is that a quilt in the blizzard (all white):0)LOL I'm sure we will get to see your eye candy soon-I hope:))
Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
Aggi...go small like a table throw first on your machine quilting. Helps w/the movement and motion or getting the rhythm. Also..rolling isn't a chore for me when quilting, it seems to unroll itself. Could be the way I roll it and the lack of clipping (clipping posts-good idea!)or keeping it clipped to keep it from unrolling. I find it a 'good thing' if I am not doing straight line quilting (to roll it)...just my 2 cents-Skeat

Loretta...is that a quilt in the blizzard (all white):0)LOL I'm sure we will get to see your eye candy soon-I hope:))
Skeat I have done smaller wallhangings already doing stippling and LOVED it!! Now I want to try something bigger!!! For the last 12 or more years I have mostly just stitched in the ditch, or quilted a 1/4 inch from the edge. I want to break out now and just go CRAZY!!! So basically I am getting bored with what I'm doing LOL
Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 AM

You are break'n free girl....run w/it!! Show us some pics...and just breathe!!:))Skeat