Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Help (pics added ) >

UFO Help (pics added )

UFO Help (pics added )

Old 10-26-2008, 09:46 AM

Well I'm working on one of my UFOS . It's a queen and I'm doing it on my Viking Freesia 415 (small). What a work out. Is there an easier way to do this. I've only did this ounce before. Now I know why I did not go back to it until now.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36715.jpe  
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 AM

Your quilt top looks beautiful, love the colors. Good luck and hope someone can give you some advice....need help also. Have my County Line queen size to do and it just scares me to even think about putting all that material under the machine arm to quilt it. :roll:
Old 10-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Beautiful quilt. Are you rolling it? I lay mine out on the floor then roll both sides to the spot I am quilting. Then I have these 2 rolls that I put over my shoulder.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:01 PM

Yes, you need to roll your sides up...put a table on the other side of your machines so the quilt won't drop over the edge and I keep a chair beside me on my right to hold the access on my side. I also splurged for the fons and porter quilting gloves and so love them. And I detest wearing gloves:))The palms on them have these little rubber bumps to be able to put your hands down flat around your quilt and the rubber bumps help give it grip to hold on and move the quilt easier. If I am doing a straight line quilting I remove my basic foot and add the stitch regulator to mine and it has a bar to move to where you want to use as a guide. Just some tidbits for you..Skeat...who uses and open toe w/feed dogs down when stippling, etc.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

Love the colors.

I've always wanted to do a red, black and white quilt.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Speaking for myself, it is easier not to roll it.

I start in the middle and work my way out to the sides if I am meandering. Otherwise, I go very slow and keep fluffing the quilt to keep the underside from bunching up.

Your quilt is very pretty!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:49 PM

roll up your quilt from both sides until you get to the middle. that's where you'll begin. work your way out from there to one end that's under the machine, unrolling as you go. when you fiinish one side, roll it up again and turn it around and start from the middle again and work toward the other end. that way you'll never have more than 1/2 of the quilt under your machine at any time. you still need some support for the length, but the width is taken care of. believe me, it works.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:13 PM

girls, girls, girls!!

I know it is daunting! A tight roll is what is needed here. I use "BananaClips" for rolling my quilts to get them as close as I can to the "wall" on my machine. these can be found in all sizes, suitible for small quilts to big quilts
they are available in the hair care section of most drug and variety stores.
They are much cheaper than the bicycle clips sold for this purpose

let me know what you think or if they work for you!!

froggy
Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 AM

Quilt4U, I admire your determination. So far, I've only done small quilts on my machine, but I now have a couple of larger ones looming on the horizon. You're certainly giving me courage!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Banned

I LOVE your quilt. I don't EVEN try to quilt mine. I'm sticking with tieing.....
It scares me to sew all that.