Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ultimate apqs long arm reliability

Ultimate apqs long arm reliability

A friend has the opportunity to purchase a APQS Long Arm model is an Ultimate, it is approx 20 years old. She is wondering if it considered a reliable machine, parts availability etc. If any of the members here have had any experience with this long arm machine.
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Blog Entries
    You might be able to search the APQS forums for comments about this machine: http://forum.apqs.com/ . When I put "Ultimate APQS" into the search field, I came up with this list of threads:
    http://forum.apqs.com/index.php?app=...&fromMainBar=1

I have an APQS Ult 1.... Have had for over 15 yrs, bought used from original owner who had for 5 yrs. never had any problems.....replaced start switch once, belt once, single stitch once.....and I have used daily.....I do keep clean and oiled...and once every 3-4 yrs, put head in car and head to Iowa for its spa day....the techs clean and check places I can't......always an overnite....motel right down the street...love the little town it's in. Of, course it does not have all the bells and whistles, but at this point in the game I don't need them... I guess because I learned without, I don't miss them. But, I did take an all day seminar at the very beginning with Dawn Cavanaugh, who is now a company rep...at the time she just lived outside of Des Moines and did quilts and gave lessons....best thing I did......I never regret my purchase.

JT
    I own an APQS Millennium, bought it used, good machine. I did a lot of research before I bought my machine. APQS stands behind their machines. I have a number of friends that own APQS machines, many were used when they bought them. My personal opinion is that APQS is the best company to buy from...but I'm probably a little biased. Great machines!
    JT

Thank-you everyone for your input, I've shown these posts to my friend and she said it has been most informative.

This forum is a wonderful resource for information sharing. :0)
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt