Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
unhappy with Fabric.com >

unhappy with Fabric.com

unhappy with Fabric.com

Old 03-19-2010, 09:39 PM

Also check your spam folder. I had a problem with my order a couple months ago and when I called was assured that they had replied. Sure enough, I found the reply in my spam folder. I too have received some fabrics that are incredibly badly cut but overall the experience is more good than bad.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I need to know if anybody has bought solids from them and the quality: grainy looking? see through-y? thin?
I have done business with them, but not solids.
Buying over the computer, solids can be a 50/50 shot.
No print to hide anything.
Would like to hear from somebody that has bought some solids from fabric.com, please.
I am interested to hear the answer as well. A few things I thought of buying but it was so cheap I was worried
Old 03-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Power Poster

wow, sorry to hear you had a bad experience I have been ordering fabric from them for about 15 years and have had very good service, including customer service...there have been little problems here and there (wrong fabric arrived, incorrect cuts...) not many, but each time i have contacted them with very happy results...they have always corrected the problem immedietly. call the 800 # and do give them a second chance, you will be glad you did.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:42 AM

I've ordered from them 3 times now. I'm waiting at the moment on my third order. First two orders went great, not a single problem with shipping time or content condition upon arrival. This third time has been a little bit more troublesome thus far. I ordered some backing and a half yard of three different prints this past Tuesday. I got an email Thursday afternoon saying one of the fabrics I ordered a half yard of was no longer in stock. The customer service rep. wanted to know if I wanted to substitute another fabric or for them just to ship the order as is. I emailed back a fabric substitution and received an email Friday (yesterday) that they would add that fabric for me and ship out right away. I haven't received a UPS notification though that it's on it's way so we'll see.

The impatient side of me is a bit miffed that it took them more than 48 hours to contact me regarding the out of stock fabric, but I have no clue how much business they do. They may have so many orders coming in that it takes them a day or two to get to an order. I'm happy with the way they handled the issue so I can't really complain. I'm not perfect so I can't expect anyone else to be. :)
Old 03-20-2010, 05:09 AM

Wow, I am surprised also by your experience. I have ordered from them many, many times over several years. Always get very quick shipment, usually with 2-3 days arrival and fabric is perfect. Something went horribly wrong with your purchase and I am surprised they are not responding. I personally will continue to order from them, as my experiences have always been A+.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:16 AM

I order from them quite often . My last order was missing one fabric . I had bought 2 in the same line to use them together...when I didn`t receive one of them, I was told to keep the one I received and was given credit for 2...So I am not complaining...Try them again...they are usually very good to their customers...
Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 AM

Well, I guess I will jump in with my experience. This was about 6 months ago, maybe longer... my first order with them.
I ordered online, and was in the checkout section giving them my shipping address, email etc. I got to the end to do the "final" click to send the info.....happened to look at the screen just as it was about to send and saw that there was a mistake in my email address. No problem, I thought. They have my name, my phone number, my street address.... it wont be ANY problem. So I waited. I figured 4 days and I would have my package. I ended up waiting about 10 days, and decided I had better call.
Think it would be easy to have them track down my order? NO NO NO I was told that the ONLY way they can track your order is by the email address. (Now I had printed out my receipt with the order number on it, but do you think I could find it at that time? ) I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY FOR THEM TO PULL UP MY ORDER IN THEIR SYSTEM! They only used an email address or an order number. I was absolutely stunned, not to mention angry! That seems so wrong on so many levels to me.... I have worked in alot of retail over the years, and if a person orders something there has always been a way to "find" the order in the system, especially by name. So... my order was just "lost"
I think that is THE WORST customer service I have gotten ANYWHERE! And I never was able to find the paper that had my order number on it, wouldnt you know. I am very careful now to hold onto the order when I print it out.

And.. I talked to 2 or 3 people there. Same answer from all of them. I am almost always willing to give someone or something a second, maybe even third chance, but I am not sure I will ever order again from them.

So tell me, anyone else had this problem anywhere else?

Thanks for letting me vent...... Pegg
Old 03-20-2010, 06:22 AM

I have never ordered from them. Thank you for letting us know of your experience with them!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:02 AM

About losing your printed invoice. Save it in notepad on your computer. Never to be lost.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:02 AM

Wow. I'm so sorry that's happened to you. I order from them frequently, and fabric has always been fast, cut nicely, first quality, etc etc...I choose them over Hancocks of Paducah because of all these reasons. One time, I got the wrong fabric just because of a poor pick or something, and they made it right ASAP. I had ordered about 12 different pieces for that order, and it was no big deal to make it right.

I'll be ordering from them soon, and I'll update on my experience. It will be sad if the status quo is now crap service...I think they're a family company, kwim? I love supporting small business that turns into a successful enterprise!