Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on lost quilt >

Update on lost quilt

Update on lost quilt

Old 01-07-2015, 11:09 AM

I had posted on another inquiry where my package I mailed Dec 28, 2006 arrived back to me July or Aug 2014. all contents in the box. The box was not damage but "found' in an empty storage container.
Never give up. I am sorry you have to go through this.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
The squeaky wheel gets the grease...Get on the phone with the post office that lost/damaged your package...get a human with a name, and make a pain of yourself..call, and call and call. Do not give up..make it easier for them to find your quilt than to put you at the bottom of the pile.
Find out who your region postmaster is. ( usually the postmaster of the nearest large city or state capital) start three. Your local postmaster can only punch the tracking number just like you do online. The regional center has the ability to actually follow the path of the package, and is much more likely to find it.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:28 AM

I am so sorry that your quilt appears to be lost forever. I just had a similar experience when I sent a quilt to my niece in Kentucky. I sent Priority Mail via USPS Dec 18, it first arrived in Cinncinati OH Saturday following Christmas. I thought surely that it would arrive in Verona KY Monday but did not...from that point it went to PA, MA NJ back to Cinci, back to NJ and then FINALLY it arrived last Friday in Verona. It seems someone had put a round white sticker over a small portion of the zip code on the package so of course the scanners could not compute the intended location..well hello....why on earth did someone not input the rest of the address and GET the full zip code and mark the pkg !!!! Pathetic performance from USPS employees..Our world is so full of the lack of common sense!
Had you tracked the pkg as it traveled through the route?
I certainly would call the LA PO and ask that very same question you posted regarding how the label came of. All employees are not honest and have been guilty of stealing mail for money etc... the wife of a postal carrier got to read all the magazines that others in her town had subscribed to before they did because her husband brought them home first!!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:22 PM

We need something like "find my ipad" on a chip that could be sewn into the quilt.

Charlotte
Old 01-07-2015, 01:33 PM

I think the lesson learned here is to ALWAYS insure a shipped quilt--$500 or more! I know the cost seems exorbitant, but I have shipped many expensive items around the world and have never had a problem with a package that was insured. Insured packages get a higher level of tracking and handling I believe. In the overall scheme of things, a $10 fee for insurance might be well spent. So very sorry this happened to you!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by charlottequilts View Post
We need something like "find my ipad" on a chip that could be sewn into the quilt.

Charlotte
Brilliant idea, Charlotte! There are tracking devices, meant for keys or whatever. One of those could be sewn into a traveling quilt, then returned afterwards, to be used over and over. Maybe it could be hidden in a 'secret pocket' behind the label. It would be perfect!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Brilliant idea, Charlotte! There are tracking devices, meant for keys or whatever. One of those could be sewn into a traveling quilt, then returned afterwards, to be used over and over. Maybe it could be hidden in a 'secret pocket' behind the label. It would be perfect!
Awww, thanks.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:19 PM

I was also told to put the address inside of the pkg too. I have pinned of basted a zip lock bag to the quilt with the address on it.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:29 PM

Yes for Sure Take photos of your Quilts etc.. and have them handy and also would insure the package .. Sorry for the loss of your Quilts... yes call the Post Master of that Post Office and File a Complaint.. Some one sure was handy with a knife.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:18 PM

OH how sad I"m sorry that this happen to you.