Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Very Honest Opinions Please >

Very Honest Opinions Please

Very Honest Opinions Please

Old 09-01-2009, 02:35 AM

Oh it looks so much better without the blues! The quilt is gonna turn out fabulous.

warm quilt hugs, sue
Old 09-01-2009, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
Thank you!!! I am doing as you all suggested, and am feeling much better, much more confident about it!! And I took out all the blues! lol!!!!
Here's a current picture, I still have to play a lot more with placement, but I'm just trying to focus on cranking out the blocks now. They're only 7", and of course I still have to square them all up.
But I think (am hoping!!) it'll have that rich, more modern look, she likes when I'm done. I had orginally seen it in my head done in batiks, but would have been too pricey.
Thank you again, I truly appreciate all of your help!!!
:D
Diana

Not been here for afew days so I missed this thread of yours. But & it's a huge BUT I love what I am seeing - I think the colours are just so perfect together.
Infact I bought some fabrics in similar colours at the beginning of the year for a quilt I shall be making at another workshop this coming Autumn.
BTW Did I tell you I love it - great job I say :wink:

Tisha :P :P
Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 AM

Thanks so much you guys!!!
I've got the top done and will be quilting it in a couple of days!! I've started the one for my step-daughter, is on the cover of October's American Patchwork & Quilting. And I'm really wishing I could keep this one for myself! lol!!!! But I want to get this top done too, then will quilt them both one after the other.
Should have pictures on Sunday!!! :D And half feel like I should add all of you names to my daughter's label, as I don't know if I could have done it without you all!
Thanks again!!! :D
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM

It looks MARVELOUS !

Great job.

rita
Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
Thanks so much you guys!!!
I've got the top done and will be quilting it in a couple of days!! I've started the one for my step-daughter, is on the cover of October's American Patchwork & Quilting. And I'm really wishing I could keep this one for myself! lol!!!! But I want to get this top done too, then will quilt them both one after the other.
Should have pictures on Sunday!!! :D And half feel like I should add all of you names to my daughter's label, as I don't know if I could have done it without you all!
Thanks again!!! :D
Sometimes just another idea or two gets one going again -
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM

And half feel like I should add all of you names to my daughter's label, as I don't know if I could have done it without you all!
Thanks again!!! :D [/quote]

Diana

I've dreamt of seeing my name in lights but hey I'll settle for it being on a quilt label instead that would be so cool. LOL
Can't wait to see it quilted too.

Tisha :wink:
Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM

Diana, you definitely have her palette now! It looks wonderful and she will love it. I can't wait to see it finished.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:02 AM

I like the colors in the pillow. I think I would not use the bright blue but a more muted one. Also, the white might work a little better if it were a cream. There is white in the rug but the pillow seems to have more of a cream color. The design that you have come up with is great. Your daughter is going to love it. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 AM

I agree with a previous post, that you should drop the bright blue and the light blue squares. For this untrained eye, they just seem to be different hues or something, and they stand out so much.

The other colors work very well together IMHO. And your work is beautiful. You can do it!!! And I'm sure she'll it, just because you made it.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:14 AM

I would sew the ones you have, all of them!!!! together in a random pattern just like her pillow. I like that look at it is a "pattern". it is a random pattern!!
I think it would look great. smart idea for you to come up with.