Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Viking Sapphire 850 >

Viking Sapphire 850

Viking Sapphire 850

Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 PM

DH bought me an 850 on ebay, it was new but no warranty but good price. It has problems with C&C threads. My feed dogs creep back up gradually. No help from shops that sell and I understand to a point but I still buy accessories and they aren't cheap. My spring foot makes noise like it is hammering is this the thread? I have been breaking several needles per quilt, try and rethread frequently as it seems to tighten in the upper tension. Any answers. Oh yeh, a friend bought an 830 and the folks where she bought it aren't helpful at all so guess it makes no difference where one buys it except for warranty work.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pat P
DH bought me an 850 on ebay, it was new but no warranty but good price. It has problems with C&C threads. My feed dogs creep back up gradually. No help from shops that sell and I understand to a point but I still buy accessories and they aren't cheap. My spring foot makes noise like it is hammering is this the thread? I have been breaking several needles per quilt, try and rethread frequently as it seems to tighten in the upper tension. Any answers. Oh yeh, a friend bought an 830 and the folks where she bought it aren't helpful at all so guess it makes no difference where one buys it except for warranty work.
Pat, I have the 870Q and when I use C&C thread the noise sounds like metal hitting metal, I really don't understand why thread should do that on a machine. But if I do not use C&C the noise is not there. I took it to my repair man & before we discovered it was the thread he took it all apart & couldn't find anything wrong. I really solved the problem myself trying different things & just happend to change thread brand & wa!la! the noise was gone.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:49 PM

Wanda GA just ordered a wallop of connecting threads_-- thread can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks a bunch for all the info!