Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017 >
  • Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

• Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

Old 09-03-2017, 11:55 AM

Enjoying all the pictures! Still hand stitching so nothing new to show here.
    Old 09-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Quilting Vagabond - nice Red Eye, I love vintage Singers:-)

Macybaby - I can see why you want to keep that quilt that's on your bed, it is beautiful!

As for me, I have all of my triangles cut out. I started laying out the pieces on my cutting table and found it was too small, so I had to tack up a piece of flannel to lay it all out. These things are always bigger than I think they will be - LOL Now to start sewing it all together, I thi k it will be pretty.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579994[/ATTACH]

I have all ready rearranged some of the pieces, that will probably keep happening until I am done:-)
    Attached Thumbnails 20170903_135618-800x600.jpg  
    Old 09-03-2017, 02:09 PM

The Yosemite fires are moving this way. And some of the crew has been sent to So Cal. So many catastrophies in the nation. Another area closer to Oakhurst has been evacuated.

I've typed some of this 3 times. It's being deleted by ???????

This pix is the 8 1/2 x 11" mini quilts I finished Friday. Sorry, thought it didn't load, so you get it 2x.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]580003[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580003[/ATTACH]
    This pix is the BOM blocks I've complete thus far. I joined in June.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]580005[/ATTACH]
    The blocks completed yesterday are: row 1, #'s2,3,4; row 2, #4; row 3 #1. I wonder which blocks if repeated might make secondary patters.

Does VQR go through the Labor Day holiday?
    Attached Thumbnails dscn2633.jpg   dscn2632.jpg  

Last edited by petthefabric; 09-03-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Old 09-03-2017, 02:54 PM

love those mini quilts and the BOM blocks. I really enjoyed doing all the different blocks for the 365 challenge, so that looks like a fun one to me.

I've got the third quilt bound and in the wash - the last one was only about 3'x4' so it went fast. Going to do the Jewel Box next, then the toile quilt. Saving the 365 for last as it's the largest - and also the only one not with black.

At this rate, I may not get them all done today - but I can finish up tomorrow. For fun I went out and inventoried what is waiting to be LA'd, and had 14. That means I've done really well as at one point I had 30 out there (OK, less than half are queen/king size). I have 4-5 upstairs waiting for backing so they can join those waiting for quilting. Since I have Tuesday and Wednesday off also, I should spend at least one day out there.
    Old 09-03-2017, 05:13 PM

Irishgal, have fun tulaing around your house in that skirt!.

Craftsy order arrived yesterday. Free charm pack, made ten 6" square in a square blocks. I'm at 160 of 270 blocks. It's a charm quilt.

Cut fabric for 4 center medallions of craftsy's blooming medallion quilt. Using as a leader/ender. Finished one medallion. Pretty.

Been working on a wonky log cabin quilt a few years. i had 25 blocks to frame in red. I have them done except for 13 frame pieces. I ran out of my navy, only had 23 of 36. decided on a plaid as an alternative, framed 13 plaids. Blocks finish at 12". Made and attached 4 rows of 8. 5 rows to go.
    Old 09-03-2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz
    Thanks for all the kind comments. Peacock is a paper pieced pattern by Violet Craft, called "Peacock Abstractions". I have the facing 3/4 sewn, just one more edge to go. And my customer quilt is complete. So tomorrow, I pull out my friend's project.
    I went back and looked at your peacock again. It is really neat how the batik you used blends in even though you paper pieced it. Really an incredible outcome! Very stunning.
    Old 09-03-2017, 05:43 PM

Congratulations, NZquilter!

The PNW is also on fire. Driving home from work you could see the layer of smoke settling down low, and couldn't see the mountains through the smoke.

I've been pressing and cutting like crazy this weekend. I've cut over 400 5" squares for I-spy quilts, and some of those had to be fussy cut (I decided no fussy cutting today though, I just wanted to be done). Once I got my squares done, I started using the scraps to start a crumb quilt, and pulled out more scraps to sort through and begin piecing tomorrow.

If I can find some more orange fabric, I'll start a pumpkin for the mug rug swap tomorrow. Apparently I don't really buy orange unless it is Halloween related or comes in a pack with other stuff...

I'm enjoying everyone's photos, and getting some ideas for some new projects!
    Old 09-03-2017, 06:19 PM

It's been fun seeing all of the photos. I bought a bunch of fabric for my hexie project yesterday, probably more than I needed, but it was so perfect and I can put the brakes on buying any now for a while. (My sit and sew group up here is at the Community Center, not as tempting as the one down south that meets in a quilt shop. Saves me money.)...
    Did a lot of organizing today and going through boxes of stuff. Am loading up the car for a trip to the thrift shop on Wednesday. It really does feel good.
    We meet with a builder about some remodeling tomorrow. Someone else in the house is getting a little anxious about the process so I've been unwinding with some easy knitting and an adult beverage. A perfect solution.
    Old 09-03-2017, 06:20 PM

Just wanted to add that I am thinking of all of you dealing with the wildfires. I was so surprised to see the map of how many fires there are out there on the evening news, tonight. How scary and unnerving.
    Old 09-03-2017, 06:49 PM

Teresa - love your quilt arrangement with the strips cut into triangles. The color scheme is gorgeous!

petthefabric - awesome mini quilts! What a great way to practice a new technique!

Glad we all get to hang out together quilting!