Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017 >
  • Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

• Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

Old 09-03-2017, 06:58 PM

Today I loaded this guy on my frame (I just love this crazy cow fabric! )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580020[/ATTACH]

I quilted my favorite pattern on it - just lotsa random boxes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580017[/ATTACH]

Then I had time to load this one too! It's getting a spiral! I found these charm squares at a thrift shop and made a simple, easy to put together pattern as a leader-ender project! It's just squares & rectangles sewn together and then put together in columns.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580018[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 20170903_152649-small.jpg   20170903_193928-small.jpg   20170501_205945-small.jpg  

Last edited by kristijoy; 09-03-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    Old 09-03-2017, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
    Just wanted to add that I am thinking of all of you dealing with the wildfires. I was so surprised to see the map of how many fires there are out there on the evening news, tonight. How scary and unnerving.
    Thanks. Seems like between wildfires and hurricanes there are alot of people out there that need help and comfort!
    Old 09-03-2017, 07:14 PM

wow--so many of you have been SOOO productive! I have to but don't have anything to show for it--literally! I worked most of the day yesterday and all afternoon on my long arm machine--had skipped stitches in a certain spot and after calls to tech support, I ended up re-timing (after checking needle bar height) and today basically reset the encoder wheel on the machine carriage. that was after I'd done all the "easy" stuff like change thread, needle, bobbin case, blah,blah,blah! I did start making sample blocks for a beginner class too--3 of the 4 done.

Thinking of all of you either dealing with flooding aftermath or worried about fires--very serious, scary stuff.
    Old 09-04-2017, 06:12 AM

I've been delayed in working on the quilts this weekend. I got started on Friday, but then yesterday, one of my dogs, "Lucy," had a medical emergency and I had to drive her 2 hours each way to the big animal hospital. It was so hot and smoky! I'm back this AM. Lucy is improving. She may stay in the hospital a couple of days, so I'll have some time to quilt. I need something to take my mind off of her condition...poor baby. (I'm looking for a picture to post of her, but I can't find one on this computer...sorry.)

~ Cindy
    Old 09-04-2017, 06:16 AM

I'm putting the binding on a charity baby quilt. That makes 6 that I have ready to take to the Quilt Expo on Thursday.
    Old 09-04-2017, 06:18 AM

rryder...I love your temperature quilt. What a clever idea! It looks great too!

~ C
    Old 09-04-2017, 12:27 PM

Wow, what a productive weekend everyone is having. I've been on a roll too.

Finished my Block party block.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]580054[/ATTACH]

And Step one of the PEI Modern Guild Mystery
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]580055[/ATTACH]

And my friend's quilt has all the borders on now (white borders on white design wall don't show up too well).

I even got another customer quilt quilted and battings pieces for 3 charity quilts this morning.
    Next up - 150 Canadian Women quilt blocks, I think. I put this in writing because otherwise I'm likely to start the Judy Niemeyer quilt that is sitting on my cutting table.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]580053[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p9041146.jpg   p9041145.jpg   p9031143.jpg  
    Old 09-04-2017, 12:51 PM

I'm working on getting up the courage to start on the crazy quilt blocks. I'm seriously intimidated by my embroidery machine. I have sewed on it, but not for two months and I think I forgot quite a bit.

I've got the foundation fabric cut and marked, so now it's time to select fabric and trimmings, then add machine embroidery. I got this idea several years ago, and started saving up trimmings. And as is normal for me, I never figured out what "enough" would be so I over did it. Most I picked up from yard/estate sales, from other people who didn't know when to stop collecting LOL!!

Old 09-04-2017, 01:13 PM

Default Love these weekends

All I can say is WOW, everyone's projects are just beautiful!! I do love these weekends, it's a great motivator and I can't believe that it's September already! I have this one done for my cousins son. I always have a difficult time picking colors, fabrics and patterns for boys, I don't have grands, and it's been eons since I have been around young kids, I hope he likes it. I hope to get this on the longarm this week!
    Attached Thumbnails img_1060.jpg  
    Old 09-04-2017, 01:24 PM

I am always so surprised at the studio space some of you have for sewing. I know I shouldn't be because I have a large weaving studio but for some reason I never thought of a dedicated space for sewing. My moms sewing machine was always in the family room growing up, and my (used to be) only machine was in my dining room. I now know why you need these spaces, between all of the vintage machines that have snuck in the house and the quilt I have been working on, which is my largest and it has been a bit of a hassle moving it around as I have needed to.

I have finished the top, including mitered corners on the binding - a first for me. This is a birthday gift for my mom, she is 87 today:-) I am planning on giving it to her today and then turning around and taking it back to finish. In between working on the top I baked a chocolate layer cake for tonight as well. Here is the finished top:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580060[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 20170904_160408-800x600.jpg