Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/19 to 12/22 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/19 to 12/22

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/19 to 12/22

Old 12-21-2014, 04:52 AM

Wows a on all those hexes! And I love (LOVE) the granny squares kristakz.

Here are a few things I finished up this week and last week. I hope that counts.

a 66x79 throw for my sister and her family. I like the fmq I did but I don't think it shows in the picture.i also made one for my brothers family but forgot to photograph. Oops.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]503216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503214[/ATTACH]

Hugs cyndi. That's a beautiful quilt for your sister! I hear you on the labor of love. Here's A t shirt memory pillow for my dads widow. My parents divorced years ago due to his unfaithfulness. He remarried about 10 years ago in his 60s. I barely got a thank you but thats ok. I made it for my dad. When he died I asked for the quilt that I made him for ladt Christmas back. Guess she is holding a grudge. I dont have room in my heart for hatred. Well that is what I hope and pray for. [ATTACH=CONFIG]503217[/ATTACH]

A pillow for my mom. It's from scraps from a queen quilt she made. The big quilt is sandwiched but we (ahem, I) need to do the quilting on it. Lol. [ATTACH=CONFIG]503218[/ATTACH]

A pillow for my best friend. [ATTACH=CONFIG]503219[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg  
Old 12-21-2014, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by MagaQuilt View Post
Something about it that makes me think of the Fibonacci sequence.
Thanks for sharing.
You are right! I did a mirrored, truncated sequence that goes 8, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 for a block. When I mapped it out on paper I got lots of interesting effects so I'm trying to turn it into a quilt.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:37 AM

Cindi, that is one of the loveliest memorial quilts I've seen. I hope that making it brings you comfort.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:42 AM

Love everyone's work. I did not get to quilting so far but did complete 6 coffee cozy wraps for a client.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:55 PM

Jeanie, I know a woman who would pay huge money to get her hands on that Hello Kitty quilt - I will have to see if I can find that fabric somewhere. Did you appliqué the centre panel?
MagaQuilt
I found the panel at JoAnn's, but they had some at Walmart too. You could go online to order one.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:58 PM

Tucsonquilter, love you doggy quilt - the flapping ears are such fun. Can't wait to see how you quilt this one
MagaQuilt
I like the floppy ears on them as well! Too cute.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:00 PM

I love the panel on this quilt and the colors you bordered it with. Great quilt!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
This is a good day for sewing in.) It's raining here .... and a bit chilly. I'm working on hand stitching a binding on the prayer quilt that I am trying to finish for a friend who is in chemo. Not sure about the rest of the weekend.
Finished the prayer quilt yesterday and did a bit of mending before tackling another UFO....a baby quilt for a niece who is expecting a girl after FOUR boys. Well, it isn't going well. More frogging then anything else. The piecing went well. The sandwich was made but I wasn't happy with it. Not having a large area to lay the sandwich, my layers were not pulled tight enough. I did baste it fairly well, but when I began the machine crosshatching, the back was awful...ripples and a few tucks. So I ripped that and set the quilt aside to do the prayer quilt. Picked it up again today and tried hand quilting. Ditto. Ripped that out. Next step will be to rip out the whole thing and start over. Baby is due in late January but Mommy is having difficulties. I hope I can get this done by the time Baby Girl arrives.

There has really been a lot of awesome work done this weekend.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Taughtby Grandma View Post
I found the panel at JoAnn's, but they had some at Walmart too. You could go online to order one.
Thank you Jeanie, will see if I can get hold of one.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
Finished the prayer quilt yesterday and did a bit of mending before tackling another UFO....a baby quilt for a niece who is expecting a girl after FOUR boys. Well, it isn't going well. More frogging then anything else. The piecing went well. The sandwich was made but I wasn't happy with it. Not having a large area to lay the sandwich, my layers were not pulled tight enough. I did baste it fairly well, but when I began the machine crosshatching, the back was awful...ripples and a few tucks. So I ripped that and set the quilt aside to do the prayer quilt. Picked it up again today and tried hand quilting. Ditto. Ripped that out. Next step will be to rip out the whole thing and start over. Baby is due in late January but Mommy is having difficulties. I hope I can get this done by the time Baby Girl arrives.

There has really been a lot of awesome work done this weekend.
Poor you, isn't it funny how these things happens just when we have time to do stuff. Fingers crossed you will get a bit of time next week-end to re-baste and start over again. Good luck.