Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/15-2/18/19 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/15-2/18/19

Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/15-2/18/19

Old 02-15-2019, 05:40 PM

Patrice and Quilting Cat hope you feel better soon.

I started my weekend yesterday afternoon. I started a raffle wuilt for the local high school's production of the Wizard of Oz. 2 rail fence in bright rainbow colors with large yellow squares. Just the last two row and border to put on. Tonight I spent time sewing 3 harem pants for one number in the show. 3 more to go and then I can work on the raffle quilt. Sunday going to visit my son, his wife and our granddaughter.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
Please share the name of your #5 train quilt.
mjkgquilt. I’m not following a quilt pattern. I have 2 train fabric that’s compatible with each other and will make 12” blocks alternating the blocks. I also have 2-3 border fabrics to match. One of the fabrics is train track design. It will be a very basic quilt for a preteen Boy, who loves trains. I’ll post a pic when I get the top done. Hopefully this weekend.

Today i spent 3-4 hours on my BHMQ, pinning some of my purple blocks and squaring up parts of my blue/tourques blocks. I should be able to finish all of my purple blocks tomorrow. I also plan to cut out my many cutting projects tomorrow as well. We received almost 5” of snow today, and temps are in the mid teens. We are expecting about 6” more of snow in the next 4 days. We have had more snow this year than the last 5 years all added together. I know we are so blessed. LOL. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:13 PM

We had steady snow all day for a total of 5+"--more expected tomorrow evening (2-3") and more Tues night--this has been one heck of a winter. Nice thing is that I was able to spend much of the day sewing. Finished a friend's quilt and now that it's off the frame I'm stuck on what to put on--have 3 customer quilts coming Mon or Tues--but in the meantime....also finished up some large zipper bags for guild boutique. Tomorrow I may either get back on the Judy Niemeyer Sunflower Illusions I'm been working on for 2 years or get started on the clam shell quilt--which thanks to all of you I know now how to put it together!
Old 02-16-2019, 04:10 AM

I plan to join you all. I have a few household things to do before I can sew but I plan to finish those chores by 9 o'clock. I plan to put food in the crock pot so I will be good to go!
Old 02-16-2019, 05:32 AM

I have two guild challenges on the go, so I'm working on those. Both have the fabrics supplied and a theme so I've been wracking my brain. One is a Modern challenge which is going to be a true challenge for me. I'd also like to get borders put on my newest top . If all that gets done, I'll be happy.
My husband and son went winter camping in Algonquin Provincial Park for 4 days, so I'm on my own with just the four leggeds.

Watson
Old 02-16-2019, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Goal #1 completed. The binding is all sewn on!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]608505[/ATTACH]

Now to piece the backing and get the unicorn quilt loaded on the rack.
Love that quilt! Could you let us know where you got the pattern?
Old 02-16-2019, 06:40 AM

Midwife-all of your quilts are so beautiful. I especially love the third quilt-do you mind sharing the name of the pattern you used?
Old 02-16-2019, 07:02 AM

Lots of good work going on! For me, I will putting together snowball blocks into a Hugs and Kisses. My corners are smaller than I'd like, but what's done is done.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:03 AM

I am keeping my sewing goals rather modest this weekend, I had a cold this past week that has drained my energy! Our guild is doing a mystery quilt and received the cutting instructions this month so I will do that and make sure that I have the pieces cut for a Bonnie Hunter class I am taking in a few weeks. And hopefully getting the quilting done on a big one - just doing a piano key on the border is all that is left on that but wrestling that big thing makes me want to take a nap already LOL!
Old 02-16-2019, 07:31 AM

Our temps dropped from 85 yesterday to 40 this morning, so our ride has been postponed until tomorrow, when it’s supposed to warm back up to the mid-60’s. I have ridden in extreme cold, but I’m getting wimpy. So I get to sew today!
I want to finish sewing the rows of Surprise Pinwheels & press it. Then it’s time to calculate backing & binding requirements for it. That will require a fabric purchase. I also have a project inherited from my daughter. She’s not quilting anymore & gave me her fabric & some blocks she started. So that’s my next sewing adventure.