Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- June 30 - July 4, 2017

Old 07-01-2017, 11:45 AM

Yesterday and today I finished handsewing on a carpenters wheel table topper. I also quilted and faced a table runner. Tonight, I plan to ado the handsewing on the table runner while watching the tube.
    Attached Thumbnails img_0118.jpg   img_0120.jpg   img_0121.jpg  
    Old 07-01-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat
    JustJan - congrats on your finish.
    Phranny - many thanks for the info on the pattern.
    DHenson -- wonderful charity quilts you make.
    Cherry -- however did you get the quilt and chairs to stick to the ceiling?!?!?!? Love your quilt.
    Belfrybat, that's a puzzle on how that works, thanks for liking the quilt, now getting it together. The floor is my designer wall. Been away for the mid-day now I don't want to get motivated. Will someone please come push me out this chair or unhang it from the ceiling.

DDuMouchel, that 'New York Beauty,' is gorgeous

Hope that everyone get more accomplished than me.
    Old 07-01-2017, 12:04 PM

1down 1to go. Changing projects for a rest. Eye candy fantastic! Pic won't load. Will try again later
    Old 07-01-2017, 12:15 PM

I have a good start on quilting the wall hanging. It is surprising how tiring it is to treadle, those women in 19th century sweatshops must have had unbelievable stamina and legs made of iron. Just for fun I had my Fitbit in my pocket while I was weaving this morning and sewing this afternoon. It is a kick to see the motion recorded:-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575624[/ATTACH]

I am liking how the sewn curves are working on the quilt. They seem to add more movement to the piece while not detracting from the pattern. So far, so good

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575625[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot_20170701-150912-800x600.png   20170701_150755-800x600.jpg  
    Old 07-01-2017, 01:02 PM

qltnmom - Love this little kitty runner! Is it your original design? My friend has 3 black cats and it would be perfect for her!
    Old 07-01-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    Meyert. it took my breathe away, I am crazy about some batik, and it will come together for you.

D.Henson, that is lovely, I love those calming colors, it would be hard for me to give up.

Good morning all, once again it was hard for me to stay asleep so I am up and ready to go. My plan is to set my FW up to sew. It will need to be oiled and a new needle replaced in it. I have some things to do outside the home, when I return I will be ready to set the Craftsy kit together today. Let's see I can transfer the pix this morning

Sorry, I played with the transfer too much and this is how it landed, hope it's not too confusing. Better get going if I'm to get anything done.
    cherrybsixty, neat quilt top! I can right click on the picture and select view image and it turns it the right way up :-)
    Old 07-01-2017, 01:08 PM
    Power Poster

I really am enjoying all the progress photographs I am seeing here. I worked on a snowflake for the snowman quilt I am making. I put it in the pictures section, but will show it here as well.
    Attached Thumbnails 100_5425.jpg  
    Old 07-01-2017, 01:09 PM

New York beauty is my kind of quilt-beautiful. The colors and combination of patterns on fabric and in blocks is fabulous.

Think I'll look into that book on precuts. 5th grade looks like a great charity quilt pattern.

Drooling over the lateral file.... I've checked out prices in past and decided I'd never be able to have one. Maybe I'll put that on Christmas list from daughter... she loves to shop thrift locations. I think that could be the base for my computer desk.

OK, last night I finished a project, straightened the room, auditioned center panels and fabrics. Then decided on a project for today.

Got dinner in the crock pot. Off to quilting.
    Old 07-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by meyert
    you folks all have great plans and projects! I hope to organize my sewing room but first I have to finish a quilt top. I won a kit Meditation and I just about have it completed. I am to 2nd border - which is pieced and I am trying to decide if I want to do that or just make a plain border There was a lot of piecing in this one and I am tired ha ha ha Maybe tomorrow I will be up to it tomorrow[ATTACH=CONFIG]575556[/ATTACH]
    Love this project, hope you continue on with the pieced border as it will look so perfect!
    Old 07-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Made some progress today. Pouring rain this morning, so I was not going to venture out for Canada Day celebrations. And now that it's cleared up, I'm sure most of the 500,000 people they were expecting are already on the Hill, so no way am I venturing downtown today. It's a sewing Canada Day for me.

I finished a customer quilt on my new (computerized) longarm.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]575635[/ATTACH]
    While it quilted, I put together the rows for this quilt. All it needs now is a border, and it will be ready for quilting and donating to Victoria's Quilts (Canada). I also pieced a bunch of batting scraps together, and made battings for 4 quilts out of them. I love multi-tasking while the new machine does all the work.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]575636[/ATTACH]
    And here's a pic of my 1/2 finished paper airplanes from last night. I may get the background sections sewn on tonight, once I recover from earlier.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]575637[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p7011076.jpg   p7011074.jpg   p7011075.jpg