Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 22-25, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 22-25, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 22-25, 2020

Old 05-23-2020, 10:17 AM

Everyone's quilts and blocks are so pretty. Everyone seems to be getting a lot of sewing done while we are all in the "stay at home" time. The last VQW I worked on denim/flannel quilts-I am finished with all 5 and now the hard part come of clipping the seams. Not sure what I need to do after the clipping is done but will look for some tutorials that will help out.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:24 AM

Alright, I have a picture of what I have completed so far since yesterday morning. I hope you all like it. The blank spots will have 3 1/2" blocks to go against the 7" blocks. There are actually 16 full circles but when I leave the open spaces for the smaller blocks it came out to 19 blocks spaced and done so far. I will do the smaller blocks all at one time. I have at least twice this many before I have the size I want. Could be even more. Who knows. I want a nice large king size quilt and have a good start on it this virtual quilt weekend. Now back to pinning more pieces.
Attached Thumbnails img_0953%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by juliasb; 05-23-2020 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

Great curves, juliasb! Those are my nemesis. I have to sew them super slow.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:11 PM

Vagabond.....! That's a lot of 9P

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-23-2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-23-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Great curves, juliasb! Those are my nemesis. I have to sew them super slow.
I recently got an Accuquilt and that has made all the difference in my ability to master curves. I couldn't do them with any real success before. Now I am whipping right through them.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:29 PM

Hi All. On Tues-Thurs there's a heat warning; over 100 degrees. So we're getting the water lines in shape and trying to get seeds/seedlings out and shaded. In the midst of this the gophers did a number on the main line at the pump; no water. Well, do have a bathtub of water. Repairs tomorrow.

We're hoping to have a small worship service May 31. I've offered to make masks. Need to put a label on a finished quilt. Quilting a UFO. I think FMQ is next. That's enough for this weekend.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Vagabond.....! That's a lot of 9P
1021 to be exact LOL, but only need 995 - so I have extras to replace the "rejects".
Old 05-23-2020, 02:23 PM

You know what they say about best laid plans... well the USPS decided to reroute my fabric back to Indy, it was so close to home! So I cannot cut the squares like I planned. Moving on... I drove over to a new retreat center that was having an open house - it was super nice and well thought out. Once I got home, I quilted one of the charity tops I have waiting. This one will go to the local women's shelter. Lots of wonky charm...
Attached Thumbnails 20200523_174246-1-.jpg  
Old 05-23-2020, 02:25 PM
mkc

I'm working on my second-ever applique project, a table runner with spring flowers on it. It's got some unusually skinny (think zero width pinch points in the middle), long pieces for the foliage to it, and giving me a bit of fits, but I'm pushing through. 5 of 8 blocks' through the fusing stage, 2 more blocks of fusible shapes cut.

Michelle
Old 05-23-2020, 04:22 PM

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow, but put a "minky" binding (all by machine) on the quilt for my niece's Christmas today--not as hard as I thought it might be--but that stuff sheds all over the place! May have to actually vacuum sewing room tomorrow! hoping to finish up the embroidered Christmas Quilt borders tomorrow and get a friends wall hanging loaded on the LA.

Julia--loving that DP you are working on! I love using my Accuquilt for DP --honestly don't think I could do them without the cutter!