Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--New Years Eve 2022

Old 01-02-2023, 01:31 PM

Yesterday was a no sewing day but did de-clutter. So I count that as a win. Birthday party went longer than expected with a stop at the extra kids house on the way home, needed to get a grand kid fix. Between yesterday and today I have gone thru 5 of my large totes and reduced the total quantity by about 1 tote. That's about 3 to 4 grocery bags of fabric. (I don't want to store denim) I figure I'm most likely not going to sew with it in the next 5 years, I want my space back! This morning I also made 2 batches of Raspberry Jam 8 - 1/2 pint jars and 5 tall jars. I still have about 6 to 7 pounds of thawed berries to use by Wednesday. Maybe a pie tonight? Any one have suggestions?
My sewing room is looking better, so I thing I will watch the snow flakes come down while I actually sew.

Love the pictures and any progress on anything is good this weekend.

Those with weather happening, be safe and sew-on!
Old 01-02-2023, 01:38 PM

Got 4 corner blocks done, payroll ready to run tomorrow and did a quick clean out of kitchen drawers, and got a few a few boxes put together to place items I no longer want or need in. I always save a few larger amazon boxes just for this purpose and keep a box in the guest closet for items.

Here is what I got accomplished this weekend, the sashing’s that is.
Attached Thumbnails b0a5093b-20e3-4028-979a-1197d0d5db70.jpeg  
Old 01-02-2023, 02:33 PM

img_20230102_172620996.jpg
I was able to get two rope bowls sewn and a third one started. Thank you Heather for hosting VQW, New Years version 2023.... Happy New year everyone.
Old 01-02-2023, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Yesterday was a no sewing day but did de-clutter. So I count that as a win. Birthday party went longer than expected with a stop at the extra kids house on the way home, needed to get a grand kid fix. Between yesterday and today I have gone thru 5 of my large totes and reduced the total quantity by about 1 tote. That's about 3 to 4 grocery bags of fabric. (I don't want to store denim) I figure I'm most likely not going to sew with it in the next 5 years, I want my space back! This morning I also made 2 batches of Raspberry Jam 8 - 1/2 pint jars and 5 tall jars. I still have about 6 to 7 pounds of thawed berries to use by Wednesday. Maybe a pie tonight? Any one have suggestions? I use cooked berries instead of syrup on pancakes, ice cream, oatmeal.
More letters to keep computer happy.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:30 PM

Well, I missed this one entirely! In my defense, we were busy installing kitchen cabinets at our daughter's home all weekend. They were supposed to be here in October but as most kitchen remodels go... ")^& happens!! We got them Friday and my son in law and husband finished installing the rollout shelves today. Big job, but it looks fabulous. These were ready to assemble cabinets and we were very pleased with the quality (once we got them!).
See you next time I hop!
Old 01-02-2023, 05:43 PM

Well it sure sounds like we’ve had an extremely productive long weekend! I finished organizing my room today. Just need to measure and label scrap pieces of backing I have. I even sewed on a label for a present. I decided I need to make smaller labels!

see you back here in a couple weeks 🙂
Old 01-02-2023, 06:12 PM

I’m quilting a UFO.. I’ve divided up into quilting time sessions. Almost finished with metallic gold equilateral triangles.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:33 AM

Tallchick, that is a beautiful quilt! Completing the sashing is not simple task. Lovely!
Old 01-03-2023, 07:48 AM

Tallchick - that is an awesome project.

My day just got totally rearranged. Tried to go to the dealership to get my oil changed and car checked. Had to turn around, the windshield kept freezing over and it was getting slippery. So instead of running errands and checking on Mom I'm staying close to home and going to continue to sew and make more raspberry stuff. Minnesota weather has been crazy this year, I don't remember this many icy days. This storm is suppose to last 2 days ugh! I had stuff I wanted to do.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:22 AM

Got all but 2 gold triangles quilted.