Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Just finished this horse appliqué on a quilt for my grandson. I don't think I like doing appliqué very much, but this came out OK.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486027[/ATTACH]
Oh my Jeanne, I just love how your applique came out. It really makes it that much more special.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by AllyStitches View Post
This is super cute!!! I love it!
Thank you so much.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
Love the Canada quilt. I think you are on the right track.
And the horse applique came out great.

I am needing a break after cutting some of my butterfly squares the wrong size...not just once, but twice. Sending dogs out to run and then will feed them I think I need a cup of tea before I face the sewing room again.
Oh goodness, I had that problem with my swap block last month. Thank goodness, I purchased a fat quarter bundle. I hope things are going better now.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by AllyStitches View Post
Well I think I've officially done enough housework, and my friend just texted me that she finally had her baby-- and it's a girl! They didn't find out who was in there beforehand, so now I can get started on a quilt. I pulled some things out of my stash and I think she's getting a D9P.
Yipee, a girl. I just love the simplicity of DP9's. And they make up so fast.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Wow! So many inspiring projects posted since I checked in this morning.... great job everyone. Love the horse appliqué but then I really enjoy it. Here's my penguin block from fatcatpatterns for August..... He was kind of plain this month so added an appliquéd guitar that I found on a free coloring page. [ATTACH=CONFIG]486038[/ATTACH]
Aw, this little guy is so cute. Nice job.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Great penguin block... so cute.

Here's my progress today... piles of duos that will become 4-patches and many HSTs to trim... I'm trying to make more squares to complete the quilt I have laid out in the third picture. Will keep working tonight and see how far I can get. Hope to at least get the 4-patches together and pressed.
Wow, love your color story. Very striking! Looks like your definitely getting things done.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:41 PM

I'm on a break while I try to decide if my doll quilt needs another border or not. Then will need to figure out how I want to quilt it. Hm, pondering. Finished a lot today. But still have a lot to get done tomorrow. Will probably head back to the sewing room to get some cutting done for some blocks tomorrow. I can ponder while I'm working on something else.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Nanna, I love the guitar. Did you decide against the strings, or are they just not showing up in the photo?
They're just not showing up in the photo..... When you get far enough away to see the whole thing.... the strings get lost.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:59 PM

Oh my, I have to catch up. It took most of the day to go get batting. We are so far away from anything.... close to 1 1/2 hrs getting there.... same back. And of course, I had to shop a little. But I'm back. Hopefully I'll at least get the backing ready to sandwich it all together..... might not get to that till tomorrow. Road trips wear me out anymore.

Judith.... your post cards are super cute... and what a great idea to send those to your GS. He'll be able to treasure them as he gets older.

Sunlover, that Oh Canada project would be perfect for my 'up north' cabin. It's really, really attractive. I think the border that you're thinking of adding will really work out well.

Jeanne, your little horse applique is wonderful. I love doing applique but I do needle turn method. I don't think I'd do much of it if I didn't like it.

Thimblebug.... that's an adorable penquin..... super job.... and he has a guitar.... cute.

Sewbizgirl--- that's a really nice quilt you are putting together. Love it, love it, love it.

Okay, gotta go fix supper for the DH..... I'll probably wait to check in till morning. ... when I can muster the energy to get back at it full force....
Old 08-02-2014, 04:04 PM

I didn't get as much completed today as I had planned. I did get all the ruler work marked, though, so tomorrow after church I'll sew all that. It goes pretty fast after it's all marked. Good luck on all your projects, ladies. And yes, we are having rain right now and we're supposed to get showers tomorrow, too. But it's summer in Florida, so that is common!