Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Old 11-25-2016, 06:27 AM

macybaby, that border will be perfect

I have chili simmering in the kitchen, I am off to make some neutral 4 patches for the Bonnie Hunter mystery. Cya later!
Old 11-25-2016, 06:40 AM

I shouldn't need to do any cooking today or tomorrow while DH and I eat up leftovers.

I decided I needed to add another row down to the OMG quilt. Right now it has an even number of rows and it's throwing off one of the corners. So I'm cutting out more to make another row - not real happy to do that, but once it's done I'll forget about the extra work and enjoy the quilt. If I didn't, every time I looked at the quilt I'd think that I probably should have fixed it.

I'm also doing the BH mystery, but that will wait for a day until I get this one done.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:22 AM

I want to start the BH mystery, and I have my fabrics ready for it. However, my sewing space is a cluttered mess! At least five different projects are in different stages of the creative process, so I'm organizing and putting things where they belong before starting any sewing. The last thing I need is to start another project, but I have been so pleased with past BH mysteries that I don't want to miss out on this one. So much of the fun lies in working along with others even though we don't know exactly where we are going.

To keep myself from completely neglecting other projects during this mystery, I've decided to use it as a reward project. I can sew the clues only after I have made some progress on one of my plentiful, prior projects. Games like this are necessary to keep my quilty life from becoming the old lady who lived in the shoe.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:24 AM

I'm quilting the dahlia quilt that I pieced last VQW. I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend. It's not actually what I planned to work on though, I was going to finish Christmas presents!
Old 11-25-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
Geevee - your quilt is soo cute!!!!
Thanks Becca! I really like the color and pattern of your quilt, hope you make some good progress on it this weekend. I've been waylaid with a bad head cold so haven't gotten anything accomplished yet, hopefully tomorrow and Sunday will be more productive.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

I just love seeing what everyone is working on. Yesterday was an absolutely lazy day for us. DH and the dog are still recovering from surgeries so Nurse Martina decided to just kick back too. Today I WILL go in my room. Not sure if I will work on a UFO or make a new top. Need to make one for a sick relative.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:33 AM

That large quilt is sooo very beautiful! Not to say you other projects aren't also, but the color and pattern are stunning!
Old 11-25-2016, 10:38 AM

I'll be doing the 82nd Splendid Sampler block until the football games come on, then back to hand-quilting my Dresden!

My TG dinner consisted of a Marie Callender's Roast beef dinner. And after I had cooked it, I found someone had forgotten to put the roast in! Luckily I had a 2nd in the freezer!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter View Post
Why do pictures turn sideways when they are correct on my laptop? geez
When a picture turns sideways, save it in .png format instead and it won't turn sideways when you upload it.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:58 PM

Christine, thanks for the sideways picture information, I didn't know that!

I finished my dahlia quilt. Earlier in the week, I completed the Judy Niemeyer Ripples (from Geese Migrations book) pattern so attaching picture of that as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]562755[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562756[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails wp_20161125_16_26_55_pro.jpg   wp_20161121_002.jpg