Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Old 11-25-2016, 02:18 PM

Oh my goodness, I didn't see this VQW until just now!

Well, I guess that means that my work on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt gets double-credit, because that's part of what I'll be working on this LONG weekend! So, I'm doing my neutral 4-patches right now, but if my brain gets tired of that, then I'll stitch a little on my Challenge quilt for my longarm guild. That one is nearly finished - I did a lot of "modern style" quilting on it. I had joked with my LA guild that since I started the quilting on Halloween, I was going to "dress up like Judi Madsen", in hopes that it would improve my quilting skills.

Here's a few of what's completed so far...
Attached Thumbnails center.jpg   leftuppercorner.jpg  
Old 11-25-2016, 02:44 PM

I'm in on this. I'm working on the Five Easy Pieces quilt and just finished constructing my 20th and last block. Now to cut out the sashing. My goal is to have it finished by Dec 6th.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:57 PM

geevee- what a gorgeous quilt you shared...if Arkansas is anything like the 'crossroads' quilt, it must be a beautiful state indeed.
quilting vagabond - what lovely work! becca too!
macybaby/Cathy - obviously you're one of the greats. what a border!
Old 11-25-2016, 03:32 PM

raggiemom, love your finishes! I managed to get all the 4 patch twosies ready to sew for the Bonnie Hunter mystery and cut the backing and lining for the needlepoint stocking.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:58 PM

I am in! I won't be sewing though. In September I moved into a new home with my daughter and her family. I have a wonderful apartment in the house. As soon as we moved in, we began finishing the basement. On October 31st I began moving into my beautiful quilting studio. I have fabulous new Koala furniture. I'm about 2/3 of the way moved in and settled. I am committed to be totally settled and sewing by December 31st! So I'm gonna work really hard refolding my stash, finding my cutters, putting all my ufo's in a special place, and hanging quilts. I'll post pictures soon. It's going to be a fabulous place to create! I can't wait to sew again!
Old 11-26-2016, 06:44 AM

I love your quilt! It's just so scrappy and happy - I want to do one like this, too! Great job. I'm going on retreat Dec 1-4 and would love to do this. What pattern did you use - I know it's Arkansas crossroads, but was it a specific author's pattern?

Originally Posted by geevee View Post
Love the coffee quilt! I have a simple baby blanket (Troll fabric front, flannel back with a large crosshatch to hold them together) to trim and bind this weekend, I finished the Arkansas crossroads quilt top that I was working on during the last VQW, I was planning just flannel for the back also but haven't proceeded further with it yet, I have some Hobbs heirloom but not sure if I want it to be that heavy. Have to think about it some more.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:05 AM

I may not be actually getting anything done in my sewing room today and tomorrow, but I'm going out there and stirring around. You all have inspired me to get off my rear and at least get out there. BTW all of your quilts are beautiful!!! I really need to get to it and get my work moving again. I'm so glad I saw this today. Have fun all. I'll be checking back later on.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:12 AM

I would love to be sewing this weekend. But we hopped in the car on a whim and drove to CO to be with our daughter for Thanksgiving. I totally forgot to pack a project to bring.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:39 AM

I have this weekend off, so I'm going to be doing some more work on this wall hanging. Slowly but surely taking shape.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562799[/ATTACH]

Watson
Attached Thumbnails nov26.jpg  
Old 11-26-2016, 08:41 AM

122 4-patches into the Mystery Quilt. I'm really hoping to finish these today so I can knock out a UFO and finish my LA Challenge quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 4-patches.jpg