Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Old 11-26-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jecreed View Post
I am in! I won't be sewing though. In September I moved into a new home with my daughter and her family. I have a wonderful apartment in the house. As soon as we moved in, we began finishing the basement. On October 31st I began moving into my beautiful quilting studio. I have fabulous new Koala furniture. I'm about 2/3 of the way moved in and settled. I am committed to be totally settled and sewing by December 31st! So I'm gonna work really hard refolding my stash, finding my cutters, putting all my ufo's in a special place, and hanging quilts. I'll post pictures soon. It's going to be a fabulous place to create! I can't wait to sew again!
can't wait to see the pics!!!
Old 11-26-2016, 01:58 PM

mkc, that is going to be a nice looking top once you get the rows together.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:45 PM

The dishwasher didn't go so well. The drain hose had a hole in it which cause water to go all over the hardwood floor. The replacement hose they gave us is twice the length it needs to be and not the right one but my husband cobbled it together so at least I could use the dishwasher. The new replacement hose arrived in mail today but isn't the right hose! So I will stop at Home Depot after church tomorrow and see if we can't get this resolved.

Originally Posted by geevee View Post
So cute, Thimblebug!

Watson, love your horse, it's coming along so nicely!

Letawellman, that is some beautiful quilting.

Your dahlia quilt is stunning Raggiemon, btw, how did the appliances install from the last VQW go?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:45 PM

It's Ripples from Judy Niemeyer's book Geese Migrations. All paper pieced.

Originally Posted by SHELTIE'SMAMA View Post
I' captivated by the flying gees square Raggiemom. Where can I get the pattern. For quite some time now I've had a quilt named Flying geese Run amuck or FG gone wild and that square might be a very good start.

Have been absent from the VQA because after my T. dinner I didn't manage to get my 94 year old guest home before she fell along the way and broke her hip. Left me extremely upset and rattled and I tried sewing my setting squares (backwards, unpick, backwards). Got a not so good night's sleep and tried again yesterday morning and repeated the nonsense. So today is a new day and back to the original HST quilt which has two rows reversed. I will unpick this morning and try again to get the now 3 large pieces connected together correctly and hopefully sandwiched before nightfall.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
The dishwasher didn't go so well. The drain hose had a hole in it which cause water to go all over the hardwood floor. The replacement hose they gave us is twice the length it needs to be and not the right one but my husband cobbled it together so at least I could use the dishwasher. The new replacement hose arrived in mail today but isn't the right hose! So I will stop at Home Depot after church tomorrow and see if we can't get this resolved.
Oh goodness, what a trial you've had with that, hope they have the right hose in stock (and that the hardwood survived the flood).
Old 11-26-2016, 05:27 PM

Just checking in, finished November clue for the Misty Meadows Mystery quilt and worked on a Christmas runner for our Grandson. He has a dark harvest table, we were there for Thanksgiving and I though a Christmas runner would look nice on it. Finished for today

Judy in Phx, AZ
Attached Thumbnails img_1907.jpg  
Old 11-26-2016, 05:54 PM

Pretty Christmas runner Judy!
I am ready to press 221+ 4 patches - hope they don't need much trimming!
And the stocking for my DGS is finished.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562820[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20161126_202022.jpg  
Old 11-26-2016, 06:54 PM

Wow! everyone has been busy!

I finally found some time to sew and got the border on the OMG quilt. I'll take pictures to share tomorrow. Now I can work on the BH mystery.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:48 AM

I was just going to look at the last couple pages and found that I couldn't really do that - I had to go back and I looked at all the pages! There are lots of beautiful things going on and it never ceases to amaze me the talent that is in this group!

I wish we had a "like" button to show folks...
Old 11-27-2016, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
Oh my goodness, I didn't see this VQW until just now!

Well, I guess that means that my work on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt gets double-credit, because that's part of what I'll be working on this LONG weekend! So, I'm doing my neutral 4-patches right now, but if my brain gets tired of that, then I'll stitch a little on my Challenge quilt for my longarm guild. That one is nearly finished - I did a lot of "modern style" quilting on it. I had joked with my LA guild that since I started the quilting on Halloween, I was going to "dress up like Judi Madsen", in hopes that it would improve my quilting skills.

Here's a few of what's completed so far...
Leta these are gorgeous!! What talent you have WOW!