Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Old 11-27-2016, 02:06 PM

Finally got my scrappy binding sewed on my string quilt, and stitched down. Picture over in the UFO challenge thread. Been sewing Christmas strips together for table toppers (candle mats) for gifts. Will post if I get them finished. Everyone is doing so well on their beautiful projects!! Great job!

Linda in Missouri
Old 11-27-2016, 02:36 PM

I'm finally done with the Troll blanket, for as simple as it is (one piece front, flannel back, wide cross hatch, binding) it sure took long enough, first we were having new carpet laid in the room I sew in and it was delayed so I started the blanket then they had a day to do it right in the middle of my progress, then I came down with a bad head cold and was only able to get back to doing anything yesterday, then the binding just refused to lay down flat and neat so after two rip outs I finally glued it down and zigzag stitched it, which looks fine except for a couple wobbles, oh well. It's just a child-sized cuddler to go along with a Troll doll I picked up:
Attached Thumbnails trollblanket2.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 03:15 PM

Sweet troll quilt, it certainly will make a great cuddler.

Today I have been working on some healing hearts for a friend who just received some bad news. A group of quilters are making these blocks to shower her with lots of hugs. After I'm done on this computer I'll be doing some slow stitching on my mini quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562858[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0184.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 03:36 PM

Happy to report, Christmas table runner is quilted and binding side machine stitched and ready for the hand finishing tomorrow at the craft group meeting tomorrow at the Senior center. Will post photos when completed. The good part of this project was I had everything I needed in my stash.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 11-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Here is the finished OMG quilt. I'm pleased with how the borders turned out - I may turn the front to the back for the binding - can't really think of anything else that would work.

And my helpers -

helping to keep the completed UFO's from taking off . . . I need to get pictures so I can post them on the UFO challenge thread. I've been trying hard to get some done before the end of the year.

I'm almost done with the 4 patch blocks for the BH Mystery, and then I want to play with some charm squares and the mini-twister ruler I bought a while ago and having used yet.
The OMG quilt is stunning and the border treatment is really a special touch. Love it.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:13 PM

Macybaby, I LOVE your OMG quilt!!

As far as the binding goes, how about a solid black binding? It doesn't look like you have any black elsewhere in the quilt and I think that would just make the colors POP even more than they already do!! It's gorgeous!
Old 11-27-2016, 05:45 PM

Here is my last effort for the night. I've got it sewn in rows, and will get the rows together another day. Have to get a good night's sleep for work tomorrow. It's been fun having four days off to sew!

Old 11-27-2016, 06:05 PM

Not quite finished, but I'm happy with the progress as I had company until noon yesterday. The top two rows are not attached.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4619.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 06:51 PM

thanks for all the eye-candy! Wasn't able to partipate this weekend as had son and his family here--very hectic! Once they left about noon we both crashed! Even the dogs were worn out from the kids. Then I spent a couple hours working on quilt guild activities, prepping for a beginners class.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:14 PM

Thanks for hosting raggiemom, I managed to get all 221 4 patches sewn and pressed and the binding cut for the giraffe quilt as well.