Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-mart

Went to one of the few Wal-marts with fabric left in them yesterday, was totally shocked to see fat quarters and jelly rolls. Couldn't buy any fabric, so stupidly did not even check to see what prices were on them.

Anybody else that are fortunate enough to have fabric in their Wal-mart have fat quarters?

I went to the Walmart in Marietta Ohio last night and they had fat quarters and jelly rolls. I was so excited and I was drooling over the jelly rolls and my husband said just get one of each and then you wont have to choose. He can be sweet sometimes but I think the real reason was he was ready to go and I had been drooling for about 30 minutes. lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by tslowery
    I went to the Walmart in Marietta Ohio last night and they had fat quarters and jelly rolls. I was so excited and I was drooling over the jelly rolls and my husband said just get one of each and then you wont have to choose. He can be sweet sometimes but I think the real reason was he was ready to go and I had been drooling for about 30 minutes. lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wow! We just keep them waiting long enuf and then it's no holds barred? Cool. I will try that.

How much were they?

19.99 I thought that was high because there is 3 1/2 yards total but they are already cut in the the 2 1/2 inch strips. So I guess that is worth the extra then again I have seen them in quilt shops for 30 dollars. :roll: :roll:

Blog Entries
    Thank you for this information. I am going to have to get right over to our Walmart & see if we have FQ's & Jelly Rolls yet. I sure hope so. Fun-Fun!!
    :D :D :D :D

Have never bought jelly rolls, so don't have a clue what is high or not.

WE have them at Walmart but not At Joanns or the quilting shop! Go figure!!

Luck you! Most of the WM I have been to are getting rid of fabric all togther. The are putting home decorating and party stuff in the place of fabrics. :-o

Single fats in my walmart are 1.47...there are also some bundles.....of fats and some 1/8s. Not a big assortment at my store. A lot of new names in the yard goods...nice :D

Yes, our Wal-Mart now has fat quarters and jelly rolls. As someone else mentioned, they are not cheap!

Blog Entries
    The walmart here in Durham, NC that I go to has FQ's for $1.47 and Jelly Rolls for $19.99. I asked if they were also doing away with the fabric dept. and she said yes but don't know when yet. The other one in Durham is doing away with fabrics sometime in May, that's when they re-model. Fabrics also went up from$2 to $2.44 or $2.50. Will keep my eyes on them to see if there will be sales before closing them down, LOL

Banned
    I haven't seen any fat quarters in my WalMart yet. Wouldn't that be nice?

Blog Entries
    We're in SE Iowa and the WM in Burlington closed their fabric dept when they remodeled over the last few months. The one where I live said when they remodel they will close out the fabric also. She thought in 2010 so I have been stocking up as I can afford it on batting and thread because it is cheaper than anywhere else. Fabric they don't have too much I can use but a few prints I like I have also been stocking up on when money permits. It will soon enough be gone!! It is better than paying $8 and9 in the quilt shops!

New to the board but just saw the Wal Mart question and I had just bought three jelly rolls for 9.95 each. Haven't done anything with them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Thank you for this information. I am going to have to get right over to our Walmart & see if we have FQ's & Jelly Rolls yet. I sure hope so. Fun-Fun!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Save a few FQ's & Jelly Rolls for me, Sulabug! I'll be right behind you! :lol:

The Wal-mart in Chickasha OK sells them for 1.47 FQ, JR 19.95. They had something for 9.95 but can't remember what they call them. The FQ are more expensive at Wal-mart than they are at Hancock. They were 1.19 there without a sale.

Blog Entries
    This is my 2 cents, worth..Our wal-mart store has material, still..But stories, are floating around, that our fabric dept, will be shutting down, also..So that they can put in a party dept, also(big deal)... Don-isewman1

our walmart told me that they were just getting the charms and jelly rolls. They were a new item to be carried. We have a fabric dept. that is not going to close anytime in the near future.

Okie, the one I saw them at was Duncan. Haven't looked at Lawton's westside WM to see if they are carrying them yet or not. At $1.47, cheaper to wait for Joann's $.99 sales.

Blog Entries
    WalMart here has fabric and quilting notions, sewing machines, mats and rulers. No jelly rolls or fat quarters yet. Walmart fabric has gone up in price here. The quilting cotton fabric is $5.50 a yard. Craft fabric is still priced $4 or lower. One item I have been buying a lot of there is the Coat/Clark bobbin thread on the mini cone. It's strong, lint free, and extremely thin.

Haven't checked my walmart lately. Going on milk, bread, cereal, diet dr pepper run this afternoon so I'm going to check. If anybody interested got a work sheet from Moda website about what to do with layer cakes. How to slice them. I kinda worry about buying fabrics I can't completely see. What if I don't like the colors. I'm going to ask dept. manager if we are closing too. They got a petition up last time, over 3500 signatures. We are 45 miles from Tyler (only other place to buy thread & stuff). That leaves Dollar General, where you can buy black & white thread, hand needles & safety pins. Not much. We will be in a pickle. Lots of seniors in our community, so I can just see them going to Tyler just for a spool of thread. Not going to happen. Sometimes big brother doesn't always know best.

our 'oldest' W/M is remodeling and yes, have done away w/ fabric; the newest W/M has a few notions, but no thread....oh well.

I went to my local WM, and they didnt have jelly rolls or fqs. I was talking to the lady who works the fabric department. She and the manager had just had an argument over her dpeartment not making "his" store any money.
    Well, being me, I went and found the manager and asked him to price out the merchandise in my cart(other than fabric) I had over 100 dollars of other sundry items, which I COULD have gotten at the grocery but didnt. Mainly because I wanted to see if WM had any John Deere fabric. I explained this to him, but he didnt seem to make the connection. If WM didnt have fabric I would NOT have driven the extra miles to save 5 cents on paper towels for goodness sakes. And they want to get rid of one of the only reasons I even go to WM any more . Sigh ?!?!

It absolutely sucks that Wal Mart no longer sells fabric in my town either. I live in a small town and it was the only place to purchase fabric.
    Now I have to drive 45 minutes to an hour to buy fabric.
    Churry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast