Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Clearance Machines >

Walmart Clearance Machines

Walmart Clearance Machines

Old 07-01-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by bakermom
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/warra...em_id=14237606

These machines come with a warrenty. I don't believe an authorized repair person can refuse warrenty work.
Now if something's not covered you may have to ship it back to Brother for repair.
http://www.brother-usa.com/VirData/C...Embroidery.pdf

I agree! And if they refuse to service it and are listed as service repairman for that brand just report them to the company.

Personally I consider such machines as "throw aways" after a couple years even if it has several years warranty on it. Now if such a machine was several hundred dollars more or even a thousand or so I'd expect it to last 25 plus years.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Yes, anyone can refuse to repair a machine. Happens all the time. Or the cost of the repair is more than the machine cost originally.

Not if they are an authorized dealer they can't. If they do report them to the company.

It's up to the consumer to decide if they want to pay for repairs even if it is more than the machine cost originally. Most customers upon hearing such will just buy another one if it cost more than what they could get a new machine for.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Yes, anyone can refuse to repair a machine. Happens all the time. Or the cost of the repair is more than the machine cost originally.

Not if they are an authorized dealer they can't. If they do report them to the company.

It's up to the consumer to decide if they want to pay for repairs even if it is more than the machine cost originally. Most customers upon hearing such will just buy another one if it cost more than what they could get a new machine for.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle
I have the SQ-9000. Never a problem. I like that it came with quilting feet. The walking foot was great. I like the up-down needle position but the best thing I like is not having to use the foot pedal. Push a button and your off and running. :thumbup:
I agree!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:09 AM

I have that Brother you are talking about....Brother SQ9000? I like it. It's simple to use, even in choosing the decorative stitches, and it includes some monogram stitches, too. It's a little workhorse. You can program start up preferences, like needle position. It also has a needle up button. Also has speed control setting, which I love for doing machine applique...your foot can't accidentally push down too hard on the pedal and make the machine go too fast and off course! It's a great deal at $154. :thumbup:
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 AM

I have the SQ900 and have no problems with it. And it was bought from Wal Mart.

I think you will like it. The table is a really nice addition. And it comes with tons of feet, so you don't have to buy any.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Katydid2
No comment on deciding which one, but my local quilt store will not work on a machine that is bought from one of the "box" stores. Just a thought if you need service.
Any sewing machine service center will work on these. We had a couple of cheaper little Brothers that we just ran to death, and had them adjusted a couple of times by a guy near us. They are easy to fix.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM

The new ones they're bringing in probably won't be made as well as these, at least that seems to be what's happening with sewing machines. Sounds like a great deal for either one. I'm going to check it out tomorrow at our local store.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 AM

Also, you could go with a vintage machine that is all metal and easy to maintain yourself. Some from the 1960's are still all metal and make nice straight stitches and have cams to make decorative stitches. You can get one for under $200. You might consider that too!! My travel partner is a Singer 301, shown in my avatar. She's wonderful, only a straight stitch machine, but I do decorative on my SQ9000.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:35 AM

I have a Brother CS6000. It is great. Has about 50 stitches. I use it to take to classes, etc.