Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Full Service Fabric Center Closure Petition >

Walmart Full Service Fabric Center Closure Petition

Walmart Full Service Fabric Center Closure Petition

Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM

I live in a very seasonal town in Florida. In the winter, our population doubles, when the "snow birds" come down. There were local rumors that our fabric dept. was going to disappear when they remodeled, but it didn't. I think the elderly in this community had a lot to say about that. This newer fabric dept. is not as large as the original but at least we still have one. I use their fabric quite a bit and I'm happy with it. They tried to close the Wal Mart up the road when they were building this new store a few years ago, but that didn't happen.The old store is not the "super center", and to be honest, when the original store was just a regular Wal-Mart, I liked it a whole lot better.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:46 PM

I agree with most other quilters. I have used WM for kids quilt, childre outfits, etc with no problems with the fabric. Knowing what fabric you are looking for,the weight of the fabric for what you are making determine what fabrc to buy. I also teach sewing classes to boys and girls in a low income area and I alway sent them over there. I was very disappointed when they closed our fabric depart and severally reduced the fabric department at another WM I visit on vacation.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Dee

I signed that same petition 3 times and they closed and will close everyone of the fabric depts. I miss their fabric dept., as its about 60 miles to the nearest Jo anns. We have nothing here in our small borough.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM

I had never seen it either ... there are new members.
Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
Sorry. I hadn't seen it on here before...must have been one of those times I was MIA.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
My friends and I do buy fabric at WalMart, and have found it to be fine for lots of "drag around" quilts for kids, varous gift quilts and even household utilitarian items. If you watch what you buy you can find some good deals on very decent fabric. I am not ashamed to say I buy fabric at WalMart...who's with me!!
I am! I, too, have found some nice fabric at WM....just haven't had time to just plain sit down and sew any of it...Fall harvest isn't going to make it much better! :-D
Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
My friends and I do buy fabric at WalMart, and have found it to be fine for lots of "drag around" quilts for kids, varous gift quilts and even household utilitarian items. If you watch what you buy you can find some good deals on very decent fabric. I am not ashamed to say I buy fabric at WalMart...who's with me!!
I go right by a Joann's to get to Wal Mart!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 PM

We have continued to have our fabric department, as we have not been remodeled yet. This Sunday (yesterday) our circular from Wal-Mart declared. Fabric is Back!!! They are bringing back the fabrics!!yes! It's about time. I guess the drop in sales told them how much we spend there while buying fabrics and notions.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by shirleysonshine
We have continued to have our fabric department, as we have not been remodeled yet. This Sunday (yesterday) our circular from Wal-Mart declared. Fabric is Back!!! They are bringing back the fabrics!!yes! It's about time. I guess the drop in sales told them how much we spend there while buying fabrics and notions.
Same here in MN...although our WM never did loose the fabric dept. with its remodel...just downsized the area. I was in the store a few days ago and it seems like they've gotten more bolts of fabric...I think they may have to re-expand that department!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 AM

My local Walmart in Minnesota never did loose the fabric and they added more to the fabric and craft department.