Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wanted-Ideas for Quilting group's yearly "Challenge" >

Wanted-Ideas for Quilting group's yearly "Challenge"

Wanted-Ideas for Quilting group's yearly "Challenge"

Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 PM

One challenge had to have a bear in it. Mine was a graph showing the bear market.

Another was to use a piece of fabric (everyone got the same one) and put at least 1 star in the quilt. ...Star Pupil, TV Star, Carl's Jr Star, star pasta, or any ordinary star in the sky.

Another was to have at least something applique. Mine was bias curve basting tape covering all the seams.

Another is to give each person a photo. They take something from the photo and make a sm quilt. Pass that quilt to the next and they make a new sm quilt using something from the first.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
What were the rules for the vegie/fruit project? Also what are the rules for the panel in a quilt project Both sound interesting.
We had so few members participating that I was doing this as a last hurrah. So I really opened it up and the rules were to use a recognizable amount of the required fabric and quilting. They could do a tote, clothing, any size quilt etc. There were three gift certificates to quilt shops ($25 each) and voting by the members. It was as easy and unrestricted as I could make it and had a decent turnout.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
We had guild members make a block in a certain colorway as a way to introduce members to new blocks. All patterns were then put in a booklet for members to enjoy. Blocks then were combined into 2 quilts and donated to local Ronald McDonald house. Next year we asked if members would make a double 4 patch block in brights to be put together for kids quilts.
I like this idea. Easy yet anyone of any quilting skill can do it. Also it would be something we could use as a chartible contribution project. Thanks!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 AM

I want to make a quilt as shown in the "just for fun" post in the picture section of the board. Can anyone tell me what size triangles I will need to make a 9" finished square? Please PM me if you can help. Thanks, Dee