Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town >

We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town

We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town

Old 07-30-2010, 07:19 AM

I used to go to Hobby Lobby often, they have downsized their fabic dept here in Hburg and put more silk flowers, how stupid. They have 40% coupons every other week in our local paper. Go to their web site and register and you can print out the weekly coupons and go each day if there is somethings you need.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 AM

Yes, We have one about 30 miles west. It is similar to Michaels but it has fabric. It also has some furniture as Hancocks does. I prefer it to Michaels because of the fabric.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:40 AM

Hobby Lobby is GREAT! We have JoAnns, but I prefer HL. Wish we had one here. "Ours" is 32 miles.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:55 AM

I love Hobby Lobby. I think their fabric is a much better quality than Joann's. If I am not buying from my LQS, then I am buying at Hobby lobby. Usually their cotton prints are on sale each week for 30%. Mine has a whole aisle of what I would call "Blenders". Small prints in almost every color. Notions are not their strong point. Some books, which are nice if you use the 40% off coupon.

I love shopping their. They play Christian base music. It is not boring stuff. I catch myself humming and then realize, Hey I just heard that song in church.

Their Christmas stuff is out of this world. Haven't been in a few weeks, but heard they already have all the Christmas stuff out.

You are going to love it. :-D
Old 07-30-2010, 08:18 AM

I love Hobby Lobby. I had never heard of it before moving to NM. It has all kinds of holiday decorations as well as decorating for every day. But lots of stuff for all kinds of crafts. I love the variety of yarn they have. Which I have purchased alot. I have purchased fabric there as well. Ours does not have a hugh variety, but usually has something I "NEED" :) You'll love the store.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 AM

I love the quilting fabric from Hobby Lobby! They are always 30% off all the time and I find the quality pretty good. Ours here is SC carries some kaufman and Kona all at 30% off. Also make sure to check out their quilting books I have gotten some really good books for just $5.00. I prefer HB over the Hancocks in our town.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Love Hobby Lobby - fabulous store. Before the airlines started charging for extra bags, I always took an extra suitcase (large) to Denver to carry home the goodies. Now I pack and ship. Also love the fact that they consider Sunday a day of rest. You are going to love Hobby Lobby - the store, the selection and the employees. Have fun!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:16 AM

Yes I have one near me about 20 miles as the crow flies. They carry a little of everything for all kinds of crafters. They also have weekly specials and if you join their email they will send you a 40% off coupon each week that you can use either online or at the store. Lucky you I find them better than Michael's or JoAnns.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:31 AM

Hobby Lobby is owned by the Green family who also own Mardel's Christian bookstores. They sincerely are an exceptional business model.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 AM

Hobby Lobby originated here in OKC many years ago. You might compare it to a Joann's but it is much superior. They have always carried a full line of arts and crafts, framing, seasonal, and fabrics with a pretty good line of notions and I believe they still offer some classes (in the arts line), lots of wood items to craft with, home decor. Give them a try. For years that was all we had to shop . Also, I forgot, great floral department, too. I started shopping there in the early 70's and also as far as the home decor, we had a choice of Pier One to compare with it back then.