Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Weekend sewing...how many bobbins? >

Weekend sewing...how many bobbins?

Weekend sewing...how many bobbins?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:41 PM

I used 2 bobbins. Quilted a large baby blanket today doing cross hatching. My 3rd blanket. Keeping track and have started a kind of scrapbook with pics. I still have to make and sew on binding. I have been working on it off and on for about 6 weeks. Can't wait to finish. Baby shower is March 9 and I have to mail to Seattle (it will be my first granddaughter) and I can't be there as I have to chose between the shower and actually seeing her this summer....of course I chose to see and hold her this summer!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM

I like the idea of keeping track of the bobbins of thread. I am getting ideas for fun things we can do at our next guild retreat, counting the amount of bobbins of thread we use in a weekend.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 PM

just a small portion of one for me & most of that was from alterations. maybe next weekend I can add a few more to the count. =)
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 AM

I lost track at about 8 .. it was a marathon session !
Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

I once used 3 in one day but it was not this weekend. Lately I have been cutting fabric for my next project.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 AM

Sounds like most of us were in the 2 range...jealous or those of you that went through more...I also use Aurifil so those 2 bobbins do mean quite a bit of sewing. Didn't sew anymore this weekend. Maybe I will start writing in my sewing journal how many bobbins I go through...would be interesting to see the count at the end of the year.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
I sewed about 2-1/2 bobbins of thread yesterday...more bobbins than I have used in the last many weeks...felt so good to sew. I don't know if I will find time to sew today or not. Busy getting my house to sell, and need to do sorting and packing. At least I had quality sewing time yesterday with my friends, and have to be happy with that.
How many bobbins did you sew with this weekend?
No quilting. Hubby and family put new bamboo flooring in the living room and there were boxes of flooring between me and the sewing machine.

got to do some granddaughter sewing this week. She's 18 mo. and her momma brought over NASCAR fabric, some Easter fabric, some fish fabric and some whale fabric. They're all going to be simple styled dresses------but I need to get busy!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 AM

Dumb question? Have any of you found that some machines wind regular ole bobbins with less thread than others?

I don't know if I'm just sewing a lot or what, but it sure seems the bobbins run out faster than normal. It's not unusual for me to use 3 bobbins in a session, and I never sew very long because my body hates more than a couple hours of sewing.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 AM

I spent more time on this board than quilting this weekend. But I will have time to quilt this week. I belong to a group of 6 women who get together once a month to quilt all day. It's fun and I love quilting with the others. I seem to get more done. Two the the women have HUGE quilt rooms in their homes by finishing space in their basement. So we take turns going to them. I wish I had space for everyone here in my home but I don't. Someday I hope to have enough money to rent a local quilt shop for the day (Saturday or a Sunday) so I can play hostess too!