Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Weekend sewing...how many bobbins?

Weekend sewing...how many bobbins?

I sewed about 2-1/2 bobbins of thread yesterday...more bobbins than I have used in the last many weeks...felt so good to sew. I don't know if I will find time to sew today or not. Busy getting my house to sell, and need to do sorting and packing. At least I had quality sewing time yesterday with my friends, and have to be happy with that.
    How many bobbins did you sew with this weekend?

At least 4 I think. I'm sewing and quilting a baby quilt.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

Blog Entries
    Wish I could add to this list. Yesterday I was at a writer's conference in Wye Mills, MD - all day, but met great people and my new writing friend is a quilter too! Amazing how we find each other.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

2 on my longarm!

Blog Entries
    I'm making fast four patch blocks so i guess I'm on my fourth bobbin now.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I just finished fmq a king sized quilt and went through about a dozen bobbins....didn't think I was ever gonna get her done!..am hoping to get her up for a pic later today.

I use Aurifil thread so I don't have to change the bobbin nearly as often. I sewed for 4 or 5 hours yesterday - never ran out of bobbin thread. It's like magic.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

I did a lot of machine embroidery this week and lost count of how many bobbins. While that machine was busy I fired up the Featherweight and did a couple other projects. Only used 2 bobbins on that.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Power Poster
    It was a 2 bobbin weekend for me so far. I am busy sewing blocks together for a 95x95 inch Spiderweb top.

I, too, use Aurifil. I use about one bobbin a day for piecing in the afternoon. I have just started back to FMQ in the mornings. I use one bobbin for that.

I used 2 bobbins. Quilted a large baby blanket today doing cross hatching. My 3rd blanket. Keeping track and have started a kind of scrapbook with pics. I still have to make and sew on binding. I have been working on it off and on for about 6 weeks. Can't wait to finish. Baby shower is March 9 and I have to mail to Seattle (it will be my first granddaughter) and I can't be there as I have to chose between the shower and actually seeing her this summer....of course I chose to see and hold her this summer!

I like the idea of keeping track of the bobbins of thread. I am getting ideas for fun things we can do at our next guild retreat, counting the amount of bobbins of thread we use in a weekend.

just a small portion of one for me & most of that was from alterations. maybe next weekend I can add a few more to the count. =)
    OVER THE RAINBOW JANE is the name of my Dear Baby Jane----though it should be poor, neglected & may never ever be finished baby jane!
    http://retrofabulous-retro.blogspot.com

I lost track at about 8 .. it was a marathon session !

I once used 3 in one day but it was not this weekend. Lately I have been cutting fabric for my next project.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Sounds like most of us were in the 2 range...jealous or those of you that went through more...I also use Aurifil so those 2 bobbins do mean quite a bit of sewing. Didn't sew anymore this weekend. Maybe I will start writing in my sewing journal how many bobbins I go through...would be interesting to see the count at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
    I sewed about 2-1/2 bobbins of thread yesterday...more bobbins than I have used in the last many weeks...felt so good to sew. I don't know if I will find time to sew today or not. Busy getting my house to sell, and need to do sorting and packing. At least I had quality sewing time yesterday with my friends, and have to be happy with that.
    How many bobbins did you sew with this weekend?
    No quilting. Hubby and family put new bamboo flooring in the living room and there were boxes of flooring between me and the sewing machine.

got to do some granddaughter sewing this week. She's 18 mo. and her momma brought over NASCAR fabric, some Easter fabric, some fish fabric and some whale fabric. They're all going to be simple styled dresses------but I need to get busy!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Dumb question? Have any of you found that some machines wind regular ole bobbins with less thread than others?

I don't know if I'm just sewing a lot or what, but it sure seems the bobbins run out faster than normal. It's not unusual for me to use 3 bobbins in a session, and I never sew very long because my body hates more than a couple hours of sewing.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I spent more time on this board than quilting this weekend. But I will have time to quilt this week. I belong to a group of 6 women who get together once a month to quilt all day. It's fun and I love quilting with the others. I seem to get more done. Two the the women have HUGE quilt rooms in their homes by finishing space in their basement. So we take turns going to them. I wish I had space for everyone here in my home but I don't. Someday I hope to have enough money to rent a local quilt shop for the day (Saturday or a Sunday) so I can play hostess too!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale