Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Weekend sewing plans?? >

Weekend sewing plans??

Weekend sewing plans??

Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 AM

We are getting snow even as i type this, so since i will be house bond, I guess I will have to do some quilting or maybe sewing, or work on finishing getting my fabrics organized, this site encourages me with their organized stashes :D
Old 02-20-2011, 03:07 AM

I spent yesterday sewing costumes for the local high school. Their show opens onthe 4th of March and we have a lot to do. I will probably be back there on Monday night working and a couple of other nights this week and all day next Sunday.

The good thing is that the theater is almost done. Last year after the show they ripped it apart to install some things and make renovations. It took them until two weeks ago to get the final electrical inspection. It has been a big empty hole. Last week they started on the walls. WHen I walked in yesterday they had painted the walls and they were laying carpet. The main part of the theater now has carpet and the seats are going on this week.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:21 AM

I'm working on a snowball quilt with sashing that I saw here in the pictures board that was made with a layer cake. Had been looking for something kinda quick and easy for a change. Liking the way it's turning out. I made mine a bit bigger than the one I saw because I like my throws a bit bigger. Have all the blocks made, the first row of blocks and sashing together, and plan to at least get the rest of the top put together today.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:00 PM

Sounds like you need company.
Originally Posted by Cyn
Our weather is so awesome that we will be out of the house as much as possible this weekend. Golfing on Saturday and perhaps walking on the beach with the dogs Sunday afternoon. :)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 AM

I need to go and look at the Project Linnus web site, are there patterns to do? Quick and easy? Maybe I can have one done and donate. As for me, a newbie witout a lot of time, I have not attended a project day with other quilters, but I will add that to my 'bucket list' as something I would love to do/plan for next year or so. Thanks for the idea!
Debbie
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Sounds like a good time!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:42 PM

This is great to read from all......