Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Weird offer

Solly Blessings... I've gotten email from that person (always ends up in my Junkmail box) - advising me of all those huge, unclaimed inheritances I've inherited from deceased "relatives" I never knew existed (and they probably didn't), or those Canadian lotteries I've won, and they're just waiting for my check to cover the handling, as well as my SS# and all the necessary data. Right. But people must fall for these schemes, or these people would be out of business. How sad!

I got an offer to buy from Solly, too!!! I'd heard about that scam...so I wrote back and said "get a legitimate job"... LOL

Hahaha... that's funny! I'm afraid to open those emails, since I've heard so many things about their dumping viruses or worms or other malware onto one's hard drive, so I just empty the Junkmail box. I surely have inherited lots of money, though. And if you believe that, you'll believe that my handsome prince is just about to appear and change my life forever.

It's always better to meet in a public place. I'm sure you all have heard about the person who posted a diamond ring on Craig's List for sale and a couple went to the house to look at it and then killed the person who posted the item for sale and robbed his house, so please be very careful about answering an ad on Craig's List or even Ebay for that matter,, there too many scammers out there. Never give out any information unless you are sure they are legit and meet in a public place such as a malll or some place like that. Huggies, Fay

Kas
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Phyl
    Be careful seen on the news where a couple advertised a diamond ring on Craigslist, they came to the couples house and killed the husband believe it was on the Today show this morning. Scary
    That was here in the Seattle area. Very, very sad. And they killed the dad in front of his kids.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6