Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Well I went and did the deed.........

Happy for you. Have fun with your new toy.

Congratulations and enjoy. Be sure and post your progress.

Congratulations!

Color me green with envy. I bet you can't wait for it to get home.

Congrats and enjoy!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I didn't know much about this machine so I just did a quick glance and I must say you made a good choice. I didn't know you could buy a 15" quilter with a queen frame for less than $2,500! Amazing. Have fun with it. I'm sure you've earned it just doing what women do for everyone in their lives!
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    Yes, keep us all posted on your learning curve, etc. We'd love to hear about it. I know I would at least. How hard was t to set up, how long did it take to put your first quilt on it, etc. ...all those details that seem almost impossible to find on the net.
    I would be glad to let you know these things.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Quote Originally Posted by llong0233 View Post
    I didn't know much about this machine so I just did a quick glance and I must say you made a good choice. I didn't know you could buy a 15" quilter with a queen frame for less than $2,500! Amazing. Have fun with it. I'm sure you've earned it just doing what women do for everyone in their lives!
    I was amazed at the prices too. Especially since the other top brands run into the high teens in price. And sometimes that is just the machine. My set up minus shipping comes to $2100.00. The frame we found on CL a few months ago we paid $300 I think. And the machine was $1899.00 and the shipping was $50.00.

I am such a spoiled brat.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait to hear about your experiences with it! I really want to hear first hand from a newbie on a long arm. Congrats!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I still have to make my swear jar......haha .......That way I can curse like a sailor and buy some more fabric when the jar is full......LOL[/QUOTE]

no worries about filling the jar in about a month ;-)

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your 'happy moment'. Enjoy the learning process!

You are not a spoiled brat,,, i'm sure you've earned it!!!!
    I've been away from here for a while,,, was just looking around,, and saw your post... I know there is a good video on YouTube with a woman i think named Debby,,, she does a super job showing her using this machine and yes, the google group will be very helpful...
    I actually called and spoke to "Chuck" at Bailey... THIS machine is the only one i will buy when i'm ready to replace my Janome 1600... it's on my Grace Pinnacle frame and i LOVE machine quilting... i only do "loop d loop" so far,,, but the 9" throat is constricting.... I will not upgrade until i "clean up my sewing room"... i'm a bit of a slob... just keep making and thing get piled up and it's just about to my boiling point, so i will not treat myself until it's cleaned up...
    I'm out of commission at the moment... a "golden years" issue with my back, hip, and i now have RA... so i'm a stewin' over that one...
    Chuck and i chatted.. that this machine is pretty much like the Singer 201,, that i LOVED way back in the day,, and the fact that it does NOT have a ton of bells and whistles... is what i LOVE... I will want the stitch regulator though... i do not have one now.. and realize it would be a big help when trying to work within a space....
    I wish you all the luck in the world with this... you are going to really enjoy doing you own tops in record time and not paying huge money to a longarmer...
    Sorry if i babbel.. just wanted to jump in... hugs Barbara...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy
    that's all there is to LIFE!"

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    You are not a spoiled brat,,, i'm sure you've earned it!!!!
    I've been away from here for a while,,, was just looking around,, and saw your post... I know there is a good video on YouTube with a woman i think named Debby,,, she does a super job showing her using this machine and yes, the google group will be very helpful...
    I actually called and spoke to "Chuck" at Bailey... THIS machine is the only one i will buy when i'm ready to replace my Janome 1600... it's on my Grace Pinnacle frame and i LOVE machine quilting... i only do "loop d loop" so far,,, but the 9" throat is constricting.... I will not upgrade until i "clean up my sewing room"... i'm a bit of a slob... just keep making and thing get piled up and it's just about to my boiling point, so i will not treat myself until it's cleaned up...
    I'm out of commission at the moment... a "golden years" issue with my back, hip, and i now have RA... so i'm a stewin' over that one...
    Chuck and i chatted.. that this machine is pretty much like the Singer 201,, that i LOVED way back in the day,, and the fact that it does NOT have a ton of bells and whistles... is what i LOVE... I will want the stitch regulator though... i do not have one now.. and realize it would be a big help when trying to work within a space....
    I wish you all the luck in the world with this... you are going to really enjoy doing you own tops in record time and not paying huge money to a longarmer...
    Sorry if i babbel.. just wanted to jump in... hugs Barbara...
    Thanks,
    I don't think your babbling. I really appreciate your input.

Chase

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    That's wonderful. I bet the cat won't mind.

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see your review of it. Please post!

YAY!!!! that is just wonderful
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

You will love it. The Bailey is easy to use and a lot of fun. I got mine for Christmas last year and love it.

OMG, you lucky one!!!

I am green-eyed jealous, but so happy for you. Enjoy it for me too!

Happy Dancing for you

Blog Entries
    Congrats on your new machine! Hope you have many years of pleasure from it!
    Bonnie

great for you , happy for you!
    Donna

Blog Entries
    Dancing with you! Congrats.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Oh!! I am so happy for you! I'm planning on getting one in the next month or two. I am still on th fence about which one to get though. I'd be interested in how you like yours after you get it and get aquainted with it.
    A finished quilt excites me!! Whether is it mine or yours!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast