Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Well I went and did the deed.........

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    lol Congrats!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Wish I had room for some kind of quilting machine...do you suppose my hubby would let his pickup sit out in the rain, etc. so I can put one in the garage??? lol

Congratulations! Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by emlee51 View Post
    Wish I had room for some kind of quilting machine...do you suppose my hubby would let his pickup sit out in the rain, etc. so I can put one in the garage??? lol

Congratulations! Enjoy!!
    Hehe...

In our house "my" truck is in the garage. And I am not willing to let my truck live outside....LOL

We talked last night (my husband and I, not the truck and I)
    about the bed in the spare room where my long arm frame now lives will have to go. So now I have to come up with a new place for Kola to sleep since this was her bed. We are going over to the neighbors this afternoon to see the kids chickens and get some fresh eggs. And we are going to see if anyone in their church needs a bed.
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 06-03-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    Oh!! I am so happy for you! I'm planning on getting one in the next month or two. I am still on th fence about which one to get though. I'd be interested in how you like yours after you get it and get aquainted with it.
    I don't know who is more excited..........my husband or me about this machine.
    I think he is.
    But I will let you know my thoughts about the machine.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    congrats and have a ball with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    That's wonderful. I bet the cat won't mind.
    Wait till she finds out her bed is being taken out of the room. Her bed will shirk from a twin size to maybe a 21 x 21 cushion. Do you think if I make her a quilt she won't notice her bed gone?

Congratulations! Enjoy!

I found out today that my machine will be here Tuesday June 12th!!!

Only one day to play because I have a date on Wednesday with my Hubby.
    We plan on celebrating Dad's day a tad early with a nice lunch and a movie.

Yay! That's great. I hope you have many hours of enjoyment and tell us all about it.

CONGRATS!!! Every 3rd Saturday Cynthia's has longarm classes. Generally they are for people that buy the HQ longarms, but they allow others to join up ---- you might talk to them. Some of the instructions are for HQ specific products, but in general you can learn a lot about longarming. Cathy from Homestead teaches the classes so you might talk to her.
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
    CONGRATS!!! Every 3rd Saturday Cynthia's has longarm classes. Generally they are for people that buy the HQ longarms, but they allow others to join up ---- you might talk to them. Some of the instructions are for HQ specific products, but in general you can learn a lot about longarming. Cathy from Homestead teaches the classes so you might talk to her.
    Thanks Dee!
    I like the ladies at Homestead, Cynthia's is another story..............LOL
    I am just going to practice on my own. Besides, I have you to send PM's to if I get into a jam.............LOL

Chase

yes, you can ----and if you want some instructions, let me know, I'll be happy to come over and show you tricks I've learned.
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    I was amazed at the prices too. Especially since the other top brands run into the high teens in price. And sometimes that is just the machine. My set up minus shipping comes to $2100.00. The frame we found on CL a few months ago we paid $300 I think. And the machine was $1899.00 and the shipping was $50.00.

I am such a spoiled brat.
    Wonderful! You did a great job putting this together. I love hunting treasures on craigslist as well. please post a picture when you get it all set up? I'd love to see it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3