Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What color should I paint my quilting room? >

What color should I paint my quilting room?

What color should I paint my quilting room?

Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 AM

Mine is a pale butter yellow. The machine is always loaded and the quilts give the room all the color it needs.

Can't believe I am going to share pix of my messy workroom but here ya go. Don't mind the mess. I don't! I am Sew Messy. But there is no thread on the floor or on the quilts, and the table and the rails of the machine are dusted daily. Ijust seem to collect clutter.

I also have a wall of bookcases for storage. You can see the pantographs are stuck in a shoebag on the end of the bookcases. Takes up very little room.

I keep one of my small quilts on the wall to use as a memo keeper. I pin the work order and the week's project plan to that. It's a lot more colorful and prettier than a memo board or corkboard.

Thread and tool storage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155374[/ATTACH]

Pantographs in Shoebag and bookcases
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155375[/ATTACH]

Quilt as memo board
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155376[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155369.jpe   attachment-155370.jpe   attachment-155371.jpe  
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 AM

My sewing room is steel blue with white accents. Love blue.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 AM

UH OH! I was going to paint mine a deep gold color from Williamsburg Paint. Now I don't know what to do.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 AM

I have a very small sewing room in our basement and I had it painted dandilion yellow. It is very bright but a very happy color.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:47 AM

My color choices are often blah according to my family; my preferance is off white or very light gray. This way I can add the colors I want to add and change them as I choose. Never get bored with the walls or ceiling. When we built the walls are a very light tinge of gray/white and the ceilings are a couple of shades darker. We have 9' and 16' ceilings so this the darker choice helps bring them down. All of my cabinets, doors and trim are white/white. Ahhhh just relaxes me.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 AM

If Gold is what you think you want - go for it. Like I said, mine is chocolate brown and lots of folks thought I was crazy, but everyone loves it. The guy who painted it told his wife and now they have a chocolate brown room!! :-)
Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 AM

Mine, when it is completed, will be a very dark color. I will be spending hours in there and glare from light walls bothers my eyes. My sewing rooms have always been painted dark colors, I just find them to be cozier and more relaxing.

I just saw the most beautiful really dark brown swatch yesterday and am definitely leaning toward that color.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 AM

I would paint it a taupe color. I know it's boring but if you decide to use a wall as a design wall.....the taupe acts like a tone-on-tone fabric and doesn't interfere with your colors and designs.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 AM

My semi-gloss white walls are perfect for me. It's bright even on the darkest of days. Whatever goes on my design wall is never distorted by the wall color. I'm very happy with my decision.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
I wish I had one! If I did, I'd probably go with a cream, light buttery yellow or other very pastel color. Anything else would probably be too distracting for me.
Yes ! This color has worked very well for me , especially with my design wall. No clashing ! Really like the up color.