Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what to do? >

what to do?

what to do?

Old 08-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Ug. What a dilemma. Since she told you TWICE those were her colors, I'd give it to her anyway. Maybe if you have the time and inclination, make another quilt after the baby is born?
I agree with Peggi, give it to her as is. She didn't give you adequate time and I am sure she can still use it. One of my friends had her DIL chose those same colors. Must be the in vogue colors or something.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:15 AM

I'd go ahead and give it to her. Maybe she's using the gray and yellow for the accessories. I know that gray and pink go well together. If she decided to change I'm sure she'd understand and love it just the same.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:34 AM

Aye, I vote with the rest. I'm sure she'll love it! Yellow & Grey together are very stylish right now, I've seen so much of it that I've actually started to like it and have purchased fabrics to make my own yellow & grey!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:12 AM

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. My daughter and neighbor say the same - give it to her. That's what I am going to do. Maybe it's a good thing that I couldn't find any really babyish fabrics in those colors. This quilt is bigger than a traditional baby quilt and could be used in any room.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

I think it is good to have a quilt thst can look "age appropriate" after bsbyhood.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by fayeberry View Post
My hair stylist is having a baby and I said I'd make her a quilt. She told me twice she was going to use gray and yellow color scheme for the nursery, had never before been in a position to do up a nursery before, and this time, for this last baby, really wanted to fix it up. I took the hint, and am almost done with a gray and yellow quilt. Today I she told me she's painted the nursery a coral pink!
Yikes! What do you think? Give it to her anyway? I have already started over once. And I don't care for these colors together myself. What would you do?
As we say You ask for it and You got it. Simple as that.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:58 AM

I totally agree. I would finish the quilt and give it to her. As others have said, it will probably not be used in the nursery. I always give baby quilts that can be used on the floor or anywhere the baby needs it. Years after, I have seen the quilt spread out on the floor with "baby" sitting on it playing with toys.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:39 AM

As you're not completely finished with the quilt, I would bind it in coral. Maybe a floral coral print that has some yellow in it, cut on the diagonal, would look really pretty.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:22 AM

What did you say when she told you she'd painted the room coral? I'd ask if she still wants the quilt that is *hint, hint* based on her original stated color preference. If she does not want it, you can donate it. If you make a second quilt for her, it should be because you want to, not because you feel obligated to.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

I wouldn't change a thing and just give her the quilt. She will like it, since it was the color scheme she was considering in the first place. There are tons of uses for baby quilts besides just in the nursery. She'll find a good use for it and will probably love it!