Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do u do that would bring the quilt police? >

what do u do that would bring the quilt police?

what do u do that would bring the quilt police?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:06 AM

I don't wash new fabric, sew bindings by machine, don't worry about bias when cutting.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:15 AM

I always leave a little mistake here and there -- only a couple because I'm well...too darn determined to get it right, but realize we strive for perfection in our work, and it should be accepted that nothing ever will be...

There's always one heart in my free motion -- it may take a while to find it! and it is on purpose!
Old 06-20-2016, 12:42 PM

I don't care what color thread I use for piecing seams, they get pressed anyway so aren't seen.
I don't care if I have to piece a section that really shouldn't be pieced but I cut something wrong.
I don't mind using pigma pens to fix a quilting bobble.
I don't always do everything perfect and when I discover a small mistake I just say oh well and continue.
I don't see why we need quilt police at all.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:00 PM

The last time the quilt police wrote me up was at a county fair. The binding on my quilt wasn't full enough.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:35 PM

I think how you quilt is a reflexion of how you live life in general. If you are Type A then you will be precise. If you are laid back then that is how you will quilt. Boils down to this, do you want to do exacting work or do you want to enjoy yourself? Quilting should not make you cry and be upset. Myself, I am some what of a mixture. I do tend to go toward doing my very best but also have been known to use the Pigma.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:38 PM

My tag-line is because of the quilt police. Who cares if you're having fun. With time or physical distance, it all looks perfect.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:23 PM

I do some of these things, sew over pins sometimes, never change the needle unless it breaks, but I like my seams to join and my points to be pretty. To those of you who have concerns about posting pictures. This is a baby quilt I finished last week. I posted this pic in the pictures thread here on the QB. Everyone has complimented me on the points, which is hilarious because while they look spot on in the photo, I promise you they are not nearly as perfect as they appear. So, post those pictures ladies and gents, we love looking at them - perfect or not. (The quilt police are not allowed to comment on pictures)
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 06-20-2016, 08:03 PM

Is it wrong that I'm getting "naughty" quilting tips from this thread?

If it's not a customer quilt, I've been known to adjust the math for the rest of the quilt rather than buy more fabric to re-make strip sets that were cut too small. Or, if it was close, I'd just make the seam slightly less than 1/4". I've also appliqued over holes & thread painted over weak seams.

OMG - do you think they are monitoring this thread? Are they onto me now? Help! Where can I hide?
Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 PM

To numerous to mention Lol
Old 06-20-2016, 10:51 PM

For thirty pages full of info, there must be a lot of us who do things an alternative way. I never sew ends in on quilting I do a few back stitches beginning and end of each run. I don't change my rotary blade often enough.