Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do when you are NOT quilting? >

What do you do when you are NOT quilting?

What do you do when you are NOT quilting?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:15 AM

I enjoy spending time with my grandkids, machine embroidery, reading, eating out with friends and playing with my kitty. Oh, yeah, and being on this board!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:19 AM

I read, at least two or three novels a week, do lunch with my friends and a little craft sewing. Since I belong to two guilds and a Bee most of my social life revolves around my quitling. I sing in the church choir but that will be coming to an end for the next couple of months. I am also a Red Hatter and my husband and I take at least two vacations, one a cruise every year, lately. I am also a TV addict but there sure isn't anything new on lately. I get a lot of handquilting done in front of the TV, I am on my second queen size quilt since May. I try to procuce at least two Linus quilts, machine done, a week.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Banned

Well, lately, I've been spending a lot of time on this board, and changing my Depends. LOL

Reading. I probably spend $200-$300 a month at Barnes and Noble. I read by author, and always carry a list of what books my faves have coming out for the next 12 months.

Genealogy, Genealogy, Genealogy. The Unbreakable Cardinal Rule of which is Document, Document, DOCUMENT. When mom and I take out annual trip to Ohio every year to visit family, more than half the trunk of the car is full of my genealogy binders. This year I'm renting a minivan. Which will come in handy if KayKay still has Rumor!!!

Loving on my furbabies!

Working 50-60 hours a week.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:33 AM

Dressmaking
Cooking and Cleaning

I do some babysitting once a week and I host a ladies' Bible study.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:08 AM

reading (either novels or religious)
movies (something light or a mystery. Even SiFi)
gardening don't like it but it's gotta get done)
cleaning the house (don't like it but. . .)
cooking (new recipies)
baking (My favorite is bread)
walking (with my honey)
playing with kitty
e-chat with friends and kids
work (too much)
nap (never enough)
home repairs (better to keep up than catch up)
hanging with my sweetheart
hot tubbing (no better way to relax)
planning our next trip(the list gets longer)
and on and on. Bet most of you can identify with this list!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:10 PM

I love to read, but go through cycles of 4 mos of heavy reading then laying off for a few months and then pick up the books again. Work takes some of my time and am very active with the church. I am on the women's ministry team and plan our events, I volunteer with MOPS, host a weekly bible study at my home, I spend way too much time on this board or playing games on the computer than I should. There is such a thing as being too tired to quilt but not play on this computer.
I would love to have more quilting time. I also try to spend quality time with DH and if any of my children are home or visiting I will spend time with them. We love to play cards as a family or even host card nights where DD will invite over 9 other friends and we will have 12 of us around our dining room table for dinner and cards.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:53 PM

The internet is a big time consumer, besides enjoying this board, I am interested in Current Political and World Events and I also:

Fact Check the News

And believe me, much of it needs fact checking :shock:
Old 06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
The internet is a big time consumer, besides enjoying this board, I am interested in Current Political and World Events and I also:

Fact Check the News

And believe me, much of it needs fact checking :shock:

AMEN SISTAH!!!!! I really like FSRN. (Free Speech Radio News). Their world news views come from local peoples and can give a really different perspective. Also on fsrn.org
Old 06-20-2009, 01:45 PM

For the last several years I did nothing but go to my boys ball games. Now that my youngest is headed to college I have so much more time. I now have time to take care of the garden and flowers. I spend time with family. Right now I like suduko puzzles. I have been working on organizing all of my photos too. And I work 40 - 50 hours a week. Boy, Im busy. I could go on forever. lol

Judy in Ohio
Old 06-20-2009, 02:03 PM

The other (fun) things that take up my time when I'm not quilting are scrapbooking - though I'm waayyy behind because I've been quilting so much - fishing with my dh when we can get away, playing with our horses, taking drives to the mountains and just generally hanging out with my family. And then there's this board and Facebook LOL!