Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you embroider?

I only like to use them on quilts and, occasionally, for sweatshirt embellishment. Unfortunately???, I have a gazillion really great designs and to make all the theme quilts that I want to make, I'll have to live to be about 150 years old, maintaining physical & mental health until the last breath. I have some fabulous Christmas season designs, but as the Christmas season at our house only lasts about 4 hours, I can't decide what to make.

Blog Entries
    Try ThreadArt.com

All the above but what I love to embroider the most is I love to incorporate the machine embroidery into my quilting. I am just finishing up the borders of my horse themed quilt for myself. I have done other quilts with embroidery too. I just love it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    My mind is reeling. You girls are so clever!! I just unpacked my machine. Baby steps for me. :) I have saved some PES designs onto my computer. Do I need to download WinZip to open them or will my embroidery machine unzip them? Help!!

Blog Entries
    If they re zipped files, they will need to be unzipped before your embroidery machine will recognize them. I use WinRAR as my unzip program because it has more features than WinZip.

Like the other replies you have received, I have embroidered just about everything I can get my hands on, from a clock face to a handbag to a bulletin board cover. Oh, clothes too, and quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    My mind is reeling. You girls are so clever!! I just unpacked my machine. Baby steps for me. :) I have saved some PES designs onto my computer. Do I need to download WinZip to open them or will my embroidery machine unzip them? Help!!

EVERYTHING. When I see a blank area I start to think about what would look good there. I have done my best friend's pasors stole. I love to use it to quilt and make quilt blocks. Be sure to check out Embroidery Library, Oregan Patchworks, Embroidery Billboard, there are probably millions of designs out there. I have even bought designs on ebay. Have fun!!

Try threadart.com or metroemb.com

I too, embroider anything that doesn't run away! Most of my quilts have lots of embroidery on them. You can find quite a few designers that have the disc to make the quilt blocks: Smith Street Designs, Bright Ideas Design Co.,Sarah Vedeler Designs, The Stitch Connection are some that I have used. But really you can look at an embroidery design and come up with a plan on how can I use this in a quilt.
    embroidery.com and embroiderylibrary.com have some nice designs and offer free designs every month. Have fun with your new machine.

I just finished 50 shirts with business logo for my nephew. I have done many things including quilt blocks for an alphabet quilt for my gr-granddaughter.

Blog Entries
    I just did monogramming on 12 linen napkins and a large tablecloth for my daughter for Christmas. That is the first large scale project for me since I bought my machine this summer (I am ashamed to say). But I'll be leaving the working world in the next couple of months, and then I'm gonna give 'er hell!!!!

Blog Entries
    OH LUCKY YOU! I had a PE150 that worked like a charm for years still does, but only does a 4X4 area. You will love it!!! I have collected many designs and love using the redwork designs for "Quilting". Oh the gifts you can give HAVE FUN and Congrats on your new adventure If you are ever curoius enough just PM me i know tons of sites for designs and gifts to emb on. Had a very small business in NJ but it was SOOO much fun.

Blog Entries
    HaHa I did that once as a joke for a friend. Used water soluble stabilizer. So much fun to add to the basket she got.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2so
    I personally embroider everything! I know ladies that have even embroidered toilet tissue, I've never done that though.

Right now I'm making freestanding lace bell ornaments and candle cozies for Christmas gifts. Last year I made embroidered bell ringers for my grandchildren to give their teachers for Christmas. This year they'll be getting the candle cozie and bell ornament.
    There's tons of sights with free designs. OESD, Dakota, GN, all the major companies. Then there's Ann The Gran, there's tons of freebies on her site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry
    All the above but what I love to embroider the most is I love to incorporate the machine embroidery into my quilting. I am just finishing up the borders of my horse themed quilt for myself. I have done other quilts with embroidery too. I just love it!!
    Corry, Your Quilt is just awesome. My daughter has her own horse. And I found some winter horse themed material....Now I have a better idea of how to use it. Thanks for the inspiration. lol

Blog Entries
    I also embroider my quilt labels as well as towels, t-shirts, tote bags. Have yet gotten to bookmarks.

Blog Entries
    I got brave and opened the box of my new machine tonight. I embroidered 2 designs that came with my machine. It was awesome!! I love it. guess I will brave the cold tomorrow and buy a flash drive. I am so worried I won't be able to get the designs I have downloaded off the computer, onto the flash drive, and then into the embroidery machine. zipped vs. unzipped has me confused.

Not sure if your machine would behave the same way my Bernina does but I just open the zipped designs into the Benina program and they open unzipped and I can then save them unzipped to the flash drive or move them to my machine.

Anything that isn't breathing. I have 2 machines and I keep them going (Brother inovis4500 and a viking designer1) all the time. Once you get started it is very addicting. It opens up a whole new world to you.

I have done burp cloths, quilt squares, t-shirts, jackets, quilt labels. Like Janet M. said above, anything that doesn't run away!

They are so pretty. Smart gal and creative too!

I embroider on my quilt blocks and make quilts with them. Right now I have a couple of blocks embroidered to make a quilt I am calling a Quilters Quilt... it will have a lot of sayings on it pertaining to quilting and sewing and some images of sewing things like buttons, measuring tapes, etc... The material I will be using will have sewing items on it... like pins, spools of threads, etc... Hope to be able to finish it some day... it's in the works right now and that's what counts.. Have fun with you new machine.. :)

Blog Entries
    Toilet Paper! I have a roll for every holiday. :)

Blog Entries
    I seem to do more embroidery then reg sewing but thats OK I seem to love doing it! I just made last night 2 book marks for my grandsons teachers and they love them!!! Here is a great site where I spend alot of $$ at and only buy the sale ones. They have new every Tues evening after 6pm est.
    Enjoy http://www.emblibrary.com/el/default.aspx

For Christmas, Each of my 17 grandchildren will get a fleece blankie embroidered with their name and something cool they like: footballs, horses, dragons, cars, fairies, monkeys.. 10 down, 7 to finish up. I bought some fleece for the 1st few, then found throws at Big Lots and Family Dollar store for less than I can buy fabric.

The picture of the quilt on the left, is one that I embroidered the squares and put together. There are 33 blocks in all.

I embroider towels, and make pillowcases with a decorative letter, add elegant lace and give as wedding presents. I just smocked my first dress for my granddaughter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast