Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you embroider?

Blog Entries
    I just bought a Brother PE 770. Haven't had time to take it out of the box yet. I was just wondering what everyone embroiders? I need ideas. :)

Everything I can find! I just did bar towels for a gift. T shirts, sweatshirts, quilt blocks doilies, anything I can find when I first got my machine I was eying up hubbys underwear!

Blog Entries
    You can embroider on clothes, towels, aprons, socks, hats, totes, etc...
    You can make free standing appliques and sew/glue them on, rather than embroider them onto the items.
    Free standing lace is fun, as well as in the hoop projects.

http://www.emblibrary.com check out their tutorial and project sections, they have a lot of tips/hints there too. A great informational site :D:D:D

I embroider all my quilt labels.

Blog Entries
    Everything I can find ! LOL

Absolutly everything!!! Love doing kitchen towels for friends and family. I make them and give them away!! Quilts clothes. Wallhangings.

Blog Entries
    I have alot of t-shirts,denim shirts,heavy weight cotton mens shirts.I have a friend who does beautiful embroidery on those mens cotton shirts.

I am a well endowed lady. I have embroidered the chests of most of my plain shirts and T-shirts. I then use a decorative stitch using varigated thread with the same colors to trim the neckline a little. I get more compliments and all I am doing is covering up food or even makeup stains I just can't seem to avoid. I made curtains for my kitchen using cotton napkins that I embroidered with tea cups and saucers that matched the motifs in my decor. I am just finishing 14 small wallhangings for members of my family that share the same last name and celtic heritage. Each of them has 4 celtic designs and the letters of our common last name embroidered on them. I will try and post a photo. Over the years I have made quilt blocks, for at least three quilts and just recently I embroidered the names to go under 250 house blocks in a quilt for my congregation's 250th anniversary. When my daughter was in high school one of her school clubs, envolved with saving the enviroinment did a fund raiser by selling canvas lunch sacks that I embroidered with various wild animals. etc. etc. I have actually worn out some of my hoops etc.

I just made some bookmarks for Christmas presents with my Brother SE-400 embroidery machine. I am really happy with how they turned out.

I made 3 in one hoop - this is before I cut them apart
    Name:  Attachment-144035.jpe
Views: 869
Size:  75.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    I just made some bookmarks for Christmas presents with my Brother SE-400 embroidery machine. I am really happy with how they turned out.
    Those are lovely bookmarks. The women in my family are all avid readers, so thanks for the idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    Quote Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    Those are lovely bookmarks. The women in my family are all avid readers, so thanks for the idea!!
    You are most welcome! :)

Diapers and make burp towels.... anything I can... open the seam on pillowcases, embroider them and sew them back..

Days of the week panties for gifts....once you start there will be a million ideas....

The problem is getting the thread and supplies at a reasonable price...

If it can be mounted on the hoop it gets an embroidery on it.

Anything that doesn't run away :lol: :lol:

Curtains
    Placemats
    Table Runners
    Wall Hangings
    Gift Labels
    Quilt Labels
    Gift Bags for gift cards
    Greeting cards
    Tablemats
    Freestanding appliques for purchased Christmas Stockings (glue them on)
    Kitchen Towels
    Bathroom Towels
    Shower Wraps for the women in my family
    T-Shirts
    Purses
    Doggie Bandanas
    Freestanding lace ornaments
    Tablecloths and napkins
    Walker Bags
    Phew...Are you exhausted yet :shock:

You will love being able to embroider...it really offers you so many creative possibilities. Have fun :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have a yellow t-shirt.I have embroidered quilting designs on it.

Blog Entries
    i love to embroider quilt blocks. childrens alphabets with animals etc are so much fun to do. look at the site called cute alphabets to see some of the designs. you can get lots of free designs at cute emb. and everyday amazing emb. have fun. congrats on your new machine.

I personally embroider everything! I know ladies that have even embroidered toilet tissue, I've never done that though.

Right now I'm making freestanding lace bell ornaments and candle cozies for Christmas gifts. Last year I made embroidered bell ringers for my grandchildren to give their teachers for Christmas. This year they'll be getting the candle cozie and bell ornament.
    There's tons of sights with free designs. OESD, Dakota, GN, all the major companies. Then there's Ann The Gran, there's tons of freebies on her site.

I love embroidery on quilts. Whenever you make a block with a large empty square, there's an opportunity for embroidery. I've made quite a few of them. I love embroidery on towels, nieces and nephews get these for Christmas. I watch for them to go on sale, I have a stash of towels for when I need them. They are also great hostess gifts for parties! This year I embroidered coasters for nieces and nephews, just love it. Table runners, place mats. I made pillow cases for the great nieces and nephews, and embroidered their names on the pilllow cases. The possibilities are endless. You will have so much fun with it!!

Sue
    suedaurio.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I do everything too. I love quilting with the embroidery machine. It is fun to edit designs so you can use just parts of them. Here is a quilt I made for my DGD for Christmas using an old design that I just used the outline part for the quilt design. I hope I posted the right one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[quote when I first got my machine I was eying up hubbys underwear![/quote]

I DID embroider my hubbys underwear, He Loved it ! But I also agree do anything you can get your hands on , practice everytime you get the chance

Blog Entries
    I just bought a Brother PE 770. Haven't had time to take it out of the box yet. I was just wondering what everyone embroiders? I need ideas. :)
    I embroider EVERYTHING!! The edges of pillow cases, cotton and linen dinner napkins, linen hand towels, kitched dish towels, shirts, jeans (open the inseam, and do repeats down the outside seam).....there is no end to what you can do......Check out the web site "All About Blanks", where they have many items available for embroidery...........get together with a couple of friends so your order is large enough to avoid shipping and HAVE FUN!!!

Blog Entries
    I love "in the hoop" designs...have done alot of scissor holders, change purses, needle holders and of course all the usual things

Blog Entries
    I did a roll of toilet paper! It was a gag gift for someone and they loved it...so...anything within reach is "fair game"!

I just finished a bunch of in-the-hoop tissue holders from Embroidery Library for gifts. I do towels, aprons, shirts, designs on little girl's dresses, quilt designs, both for the block and the quilting design. You'll have SOOOO much fun!

I just did an apron for our chili cook-off this weekend. My husband will be the only guy there with a personal apron.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast