Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you listen to while quilting?

I listen to old country and gospel

when I sew in the afternoon I listen to Dr. Laura. OMG some people and their problems. What a hoot! And sometimes I listen to oldies 50's and 60's.

I love to listen to old TCM movies. I know most of them so well that I don't have to look at the pics. Also have tapes of some of my favorite musical shows. Cats, Mame etc.

Yes, I sing along. Only way to get the cat out of my sewing room. giggle

Blog Entries
    Actually nothing. I enjoy the quietness.

Thank you for the webpage, I too listen to old time country western music, but more often than not its SG-1. A SYFI series, loved that show. Have almost all the seasons, and have about wore them out. I like to watch John Wayne movies, have quite a collection. Thats what I do, something has to be on tho, my thoughts aren't worth listening to lol.

Rita

Music or television, just something to block out everything else.

I listen to either oldies or instrumental music on my iPod. My kids got me a Bose system for my birthday that the iPod sits in and I can only hope to quilt worthy of the beautiful sound.

I listen to oldies on the radio. I still love 60's music.

I usually listen to thrillers on CD's. If I'm needing something soothing, I put on my CD's of nice soft piano music. I have a TV in my sewing/guest room but I rarely put it on while I'm sewing. If I need to concentrate, like calculations or coming up with an original design, I need quiet.

I like KDFC.com, it is a great classical music station in San Francisco. I also like books on tape from the library. My favorites are any by the authors, Elizabeth Peters or Ariana Franklin. I also love Mama Mia, the Dixie Chicks, Trisha Yearwood, Irish women singers, Yo Yo Ma, Nigel Kennedy, etc. I have a difficult time working in silence because I have what is called by zen meditators, "a chattering monkey mind," I have a hard time shutting off all the random thoughts. :>)

I like to listen to the radio 60's music or the birds singing outside.

I haveCD's of Broadway shows that I listen to when I'm sewing binding on a quilt it does make the time go by

Classical music playing from Pandora.com Especially when I am trying to design something. It seems to relax my brain and let creativity come out. Mostly Mozart.

since i only get one channel on my tv-PBS, for the quilting shows-if i'm not watching a DVD, i will have my computer on Netflix or Hulu. gotta have some distraction and noise unless i'm trying to really figure out something-then i need silence. i watch mostly tv programs that i never saw before like 21 jump street or catch up on the shows i just missed like White Collar and Covert Affairs. i can feel productive and be entertained.

Blog Entries
    I listen to Country, 80's or Classic Rock and blare it in the house. The hubby works late so it's me the dogs and the sewing machine.

I never really thought about it, I guess I listen to myself talk to my sewing machine, or myself.....I dont have a radio in my sewing room, but I am near the patio door, so probably I am listening to the sounds of the birds.

sugarland,lady antebellum,taylor swift,little big town,etc

Bubblegum oldies on Pandora.com

Quote Originally Posted by quilt3311
    Classical music playing from Pandora.com Especially when I am trying to design something. It seems to relax my brain and let creativity come out. Mostly Mozart.
    I looove Pandora for whatever I'm in the mood for!

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by seamstome
    I listen to murder mysteries audiobooks through Audible. I listen to ones that are humorous. Kind of like Evanovich. "Sex, Murder and a double Latte", "I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason" and "Solomon and Lord" Those are some of the ones that I did...most of them I have "read" most of the series.

They are mindless but pass the time.
    What is Audible? I listen to books on tape.Mostly murder mysteries.
    Ok I looked up Audible. Nice . But I think I will stick to the Free library.:-)

Now I love free, but I guess my library is on the small side. After discovering audiobooks, it only took me a couple of years to go through everything I would want to listen to, and believe me I stretched it! (Glad I did, discovered some authors I'd never heard of!) So, Audible is what I do now, too.

The one big advantage to living in a large county is the library. I can order books or anything from any library in the system. If I had to depend on just my small local library I would have gone through those in less than a year.
    The library people know me by name, my daughter and granddaughter and I made a quilt for one of the girls that had a baby.
    I go there A LOT. :-)

We have sirius satellite radio. If no one is home I listen to Classic Country , 50's, 60's, 70's. Hank William, Dottie West, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Eddy Arnold, the list goes on and on. People say "oh, all the songs are so sad" but it's great music and it makes me happy and want to dance.

I listen to audio books from the library. Not only can I check out cassette and CD books, my local library has free downloads through overdrive media.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast