Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you listen to while quilting?

I found out early that trying to listen to a book on tape is a good way to sew my shirt into whatever I'm doing. Now its Pandora, with whatever mix of music sounds good for that day.

One of my favorites is the score to Happy Feet, because it makes picking stitches out tolerable. :)

Hard rock: Ozzy, ACDC, Pink Floyd, Elvis...anything that rocks!

i listen to CDs of gospel real loud and i sing along ha ha ( cant carry a tune in a bucket) that 's when home alone

I started writing a quick reply and it disappeared - so if this is a repeat -- sorry. I download mystery books onto my MP3 player from our local library - and that is what I listen to when I take my walk and when I quilt or sew.

Derla

Here in Scotland I listen to Radio 4 or CDs.I also prefer talk radio.Love the contact this site brings with like minded people.
    Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by JacquelineVH
    Hard rock: Ozzy, ACDC, Pink Floyd, Elvis...anything that rocks!
    Oooh floyd is great to quilt to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbj137
    Old time Rock 'N' Roll.
    Is there anything else?????
    J J
    we have 3 classic rock stations in our area and they all play just a little different mix of music it is awesome, for anyone who want to try out the best one it is at www.wlav.com

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    KLOVE - national contemporary Christian music station.

Check out http://www.klove.com for a station list or to listen there.

I usually have the TV on for noise.

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    I am addicted to old radio shows - found a website that you can listen for free - the old dramas and mysteries are my favorite. Otherwise, I like to listen to talk radio while quilting sometimes I just plug in a movie and listen to it. Time flies while I am having fun...
    I listen to audio books when I sew or quilt. I'm a retired librarian, so it is natural for me to do.

I watch the same shows as Sharon b and I listen to rock music if I'm in the mood for that. Sometimes, I don't listen to anything!

Aretha Franklin, Jackson Browne, the Chieftains, the Weather Girls, and especially Porgy and Bess, the orginial version. Audio books, especially Mark Twain. My taste is all over the board

The website I listen to is www.radiolovers.com. The dogs in my avatar are mine - one of them passed away but now I have 3 Frenchies - they hang out in my sewing room looking for attention and sometimes step on the foot pedal to get my attention.

MrsPete I am glad I signed on today for you made me laugh I think on the 2nd page when you was telling about all the different music you liked and sometimes sewing your shirt up in the piece. If I have rocking music on, I can't sew, I get up and try too dance, crutches and all. Most of the time I only get too sew late at night so I have Itunes on my computer and I have tons of different music downloaded off Cd's but my favorite late at night is gospel. If I got wound up in fast upbeat music, then I would never go too sleep Thanks for helping me smile today

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    I am addicted to old radio shows - found a website that you can listen for free - the old dramas and mysteries are my favorite. Otherwise, I like to listen to talk radio while quilting sometimes I just plug in a movie and listen to it. Time flies while I am having fun...
    I don't have any noise going while I sew/quilt. I never was one that could walk and chew gum at the same time. So I need quite while I'm thinking about what I'm doing. :lol:

Blog Entries
    I enjoy listening to comtemporary Christian music either on my CDs or radio; KBLD radio with different pastors or CD copies of our pastor's sermons. I sew mostly in our living room so if TV is on I listen to it but really don't look up much. I face our backyard and pasture through a big glass window so sometimes it's just listening to the birds (yellow finch) as they fly on and off of the feed socks and sing to one another. :-D That's the best!

Blog Entries
    I generally listen to what my husband has on the tv, it is so loud you can't help it. I'm noise sensitive, and can't stand to turn something else, I get overwhelmed. So I listen to Cnn almost all day repeat after repeat, or the senate debates. of Keith Obermen, and Rachel Maddow, I kind of just ignore it.

books on tape, tv shows and music

I do my best listening while hand quilting or piecing. Among other things, I like http://www.toginet.com/shows/creativetalkradio

SIRIUS radio on the TV - Symphony Hall or Classical Pops or the opera channel. I'm a classical music fanatic. When I have my longarm going and my music playing, I'm so happy (unless the LA does something BAD).

Bev
    If I'm cutting or piecing, I listen to a smooth jazz radio station turned low. I like to have music in the background. Nothing I have to think about or I'll be unable to concentrate on what I'm doing. If I'm hand quilting I usually sit with my DH while he watches tv and I mostly listen to it.

Blog Entries
    Found it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Josi

Blog Entries
    Country all the way.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    What a great thread! Some comments were laugh out loud funny, while others are things I forgot about and need to listen to.
    But of course the best was "the voices in my head" hahahahaha
    And I can't believe Dr. Laura is still on!! Our network dumped her the day after 9/11 happened and she hasn't been back since :D
    You all gave me some great ideas THANKS!! :D
    Yeah, Librivox is great and FREE!!!!!!!!
    I have a subscription to Audible but not sure if it's worth the fee every month. We'll see........ I did get some of my all time fav audiobooks so that's good.
    The Yankees supercede everything for me though when they play day games. I get them on my laptop and bring it up to my sewing room :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Hey CorgiNole! I thought I was the only one who knew about Jeeves!!! I love PG Wodehouse! I introduced my niece to him when she was only 8 or 9 and now she loves them too.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast