Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you listen to while quilting?

Does anyone know any good links to free audiobooks? i'd like to listen to them while sewing.

I also TiVo quilting shows such as the Fons and Porter one, Sewing with Nancy, and a couple of others. I then play them back when I'm in my sewing room.

The TV is on 18 out of 24 hours a day! Most of the time my back is to it so I do more listening than watching.

Aha! I found a wonderful site with a lot of great audiobooks! Here it is:

http://www.openculture.com/audio_books_fiction

I usually have something going, either the radio (NPR) or TV. After I really get into sewing I usually am not really listening, it has the advantage of being able to listen to the reruns over and over.

I always have audio books that I get from the library. They're usually mysteries, but sometimes sagas and romance. I also listen to some of my favorite Christian speakers like Bill Johnson (from Redding, CA) and Kay Arthur, by way of the internet.

NPR.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    It depends...on the weekends mostly NPR and sometimes during the week as well. However, I am more inclined during the week to listen to 70's music or if I have my iPod from my office at home I listen to lectures or massage music.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I enjoy audio books. Also music on my ipod. I have my ipod just about glued to me at all times!! :D

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanib123
    Aha! I found a wonderful site with a lot of great audiobooks! Here it is:

http://www.openculture.com/audio_books_fiction
    Is that the same as audible.com ???
    Thanks for sharing :D

Also- folks check your local library. Mine has free book downloads. You have them on loan like a book but when they're due they get deleted from you account. Very cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by lots2do
    the voices in my head? Sorry, couldn't resist. Sometimes nothing, sometimes a favorite CD or the radio.
    That's my answer.....just the voices in my head. Thinking of the next quilt project. I don't turn the radio or tv on, and it is just so relaxing. If I could I'd do my quilting 24 hours a day.

When I get to opportunity it's oldies 60's music. Mostly I have to listen to Fox News on TV since that's what my DH watches all day. My sewing room is the sun room next to the living room. No way to close it off.

Blog Entries
    TV what I like for the time of day, lots of stuff on the cable stations!

Music all kinds. Mostly classical or opera. Also My favorite Red Sox-When the games on.

Raised in a Sloveian home. We grew up on Polkas and waltzs. It seems I stay happy.

Does anyone know any good links to free audiobooks? i'd like to listen to them while sewing.

I also TiVo quilting shows such as the Fons and Porter one, Sewing with Nancy, and a couple of others. I then play them back when I'm in my sewing room.
    I've been lurking in the background for a while and love reading what other quilters are doing but just had to sign in to let you know of an audiobook site that I use. It is librivox.org and has lots of older public domain books. I download them or make a CD to travel in the car with me.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGal

I've been lurking in the background for a while and love reading what other quilters are doing but just had to sign in to let you know of an audiobook site that I use. It is librivox.org and has lots of older public domain books. I download them or make a CD to travel in the car with me.
    I found this one just a little while ago! I'm downloadiing like crazy, LOL!

NPR is the first choice for me, too. Sometimes, though, I'll listen to classical music on my iTouch, since I can't pick up a classical music station locally.

I love old country music like 50's and 60's or old church music or light classics. If I have the television on anything with an autopsy.

All depends on how I feel b/c I like most music. Some days it's '80s, others its blues, or classic rock, or some old TV shows. I will definitely be checking out the radio link - love the old comedies.

Sometimes I listen to my old CD's or the radio or I listen to my Italian CD's. It's rare I have the TV on in my sewing room because TV is too distracting for me.

Celtic music! or as my kids call it "clip cloppy music" basically anything with a fiddle and/or pipes. i frequently find myself sewing to the beat.

Turn on the good music from the 50's on the XM stations on DirecTV.

I have my Ivan Parker Cd's on and other christian CD's.

A lot of times I listen to nothing, enjoying the peace and quiet at the end of a long day. With all the comings and goings, and the TV, and my little munchkin....just the hum of the sewing machine is enough. I can use the mindless time to plan my days or try to solve life's problems...

Blog Entries
    Old time Rock 'N' Roll.
    Is there anything else?????
    J J

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast