Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM View Post
Here is a quilt I made with my embroidery machine. Machine applique. The picture was taken at my sister's before I did the binding.
The design for this quilt is "Roses in Bloom" by Smith Street Designs. http://www.smithstreetdesigns.com
Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 AM

I was adament last yr when I bought my Ruby that I wouldn't let the embroidery part of my machine set. I love it and can honestly say that I've used it more for embroidery than piecing. Most of the time I still use my Kenmore for piecing just because it's so familiar. Now as to what I've made. Greeting cards, zippered coin purse, monagram kitchen towels, a mesh beach bag for daughter, table runner and matching place mats done with the cutwork needles. I'm currently making checkbook cover, eyeglass case and matching bookmarks for Christmas presents and a couple are also getting Nook covers for that as well. I've made door knob hangers w/grandkids names on them. I just learned how to FMQ on it and how to use the interchangeable walking foot that Viking has for it as well. Next month I'm making Halloween magnets and getting ready to do order some designs to make "crazy quilt" squares w/embellishments and I have tons of other projects lined up to make as well. I take a class where I bought the machine each month to learn new things plus our intructor adds special classes like the cutwork needles when we want to learn more. I bought the big software package for it and this fall I'll be taking classes for that as well. Until then my instructor will give me the current homework for the daytime students for digitizing. I want to do more with the cutwork needles, the endless hoop and portrait stitching. I have a couple of blouses that I'm going to embellish for practice mainly because they have a couple of stains and this will cover them up and I can keep wearing them. There is so much you can do with an embroidery machine.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM View Post
Here is a quilt I made with my embroidery machine. Machine applique. The picture was taken at my sister's before I did the binding.
Your quilt is beautiful. I made mine with a design called Sunbonett Bells. Again yours is lovely.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:09 AM

Default using embroidery machine

lately my embroidery machine has been running constantly. I use it during the day to make machine embroidery and machine applique block for the swaps I have joined. My daughter has use of it at night for her online business of making tote bags and birth blankets. BTW I have a six needle Brother PR620. It has many many hours of stitching on it. I think it is the best investment I ever made.
Attached Thumbnails applique1.jpg   car1.jpg   car2.jpg   chick1.jpg   chick11.jpg  

chick12.jpg   kathy1.jpg   kathy3.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 07:23 PM

I do a lot of tote bags, also have done my jackets. If you PM me with and your email I will send you some pictures.
I have lots of friends that do a lot of embroidery also.

I have a Baby Lock Ellisimo, I love my baby and use her all the time, I have 3 other sewing machines, so I only use my baby for my embroidery. I have had her for over 3 years and she is very user friendly.

I do purses, pillowcases and some times I embroidery on the cuffs of my pillowcase before I put them together. I also combines some of my designs to tell a story better. Have made farmers Market bags And put lots of designs on them.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 PM

Try out some of the different machines, don't get one that has only small hoops, for most of the design use bigger hoops. I tried the Bernina, found it was fussy you had to adjust it as you go. I have a Baby lock Ellisimo, about the only problem I have had is the thread breaking at times other than that once you get your designs set up all you have to do is change the thread. The great machines are a bit pricy, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
I have very little training to get me going. I have learned if your upper thread breaks and you have to re thread your machine, then you need to back your design up about 20-30 stitches to go over what was missed.

If you need to ask me any questions you can PM me. If you email me I can send you some pictures of my designs, that I have done.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 PM

We have a saying in my house, "If it stands still, embroider it". I love mine. This past weekend I gave gifts of 2 clocks, handtowels to match a shower curtain, and a wallhanging and a quilt that were quilted on the embroidery machine. Purses, hats, quilt labels, pillowcases, doll clothes, pillows, sweatdhirts, jackets, Christmas ornaments, kitchen curtains and . . . Several years ago, I did shirts for the place my boys worked.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM

I honestly don't have pictures of all the things I've done but these are a few;[ATTACH=CONFIG]469242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469243[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]469245[/ATTACH]

Right now I'm working on an in-the-hoop Christmas Wall Hanging using Anita Goodesign Mix and Match Quilting designs but I don't have pictures of it available. I have also embroidered Tea Towels for Christmas, name banners for each grandchild's birthday, children's crayon bags, baskets, bowls, table runners etc., most of which I have give away as presents.
Attached Thumbnails basket.jpg   bowl.jpg   pillow.jpg   cactus-stitchin.jpg  

Last edited by Cactus Stitchin; 03-28-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 AM

I use my Embroidery machine a lot. I do a lot of Tote bags and other things. I have embroidered Apron, purses, tote bags and other things. I just had surgery a week ago, and it is hard for me to sit in my chair to embroidery. I love my machine and use it all the time. I have a Baby Lock Ellisimo, as well as 3 other just sewing machines and a serger. Since I can't lift anything for 30 days, will not be taking my machine to classes for a while, but where I go to class I can use their machines. With an embroidery machine you can add your own personal touches. I have made
things with Wine and grapes on them, made tote bags with Hawaii theme for a niece, as well as other special things for my family and friends.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:23 AM

I use it more than my sewing machine. I use it to make quilts, purses, emb tshirts, make FSL easter baskets and ornaments, lots of things. I have the machine with the largest of hoops 360 x 360 and just made my son a pillow (using my cutwork needles) for his sofa. My daughter can only wear black shirts at work but can dress them up on holidays so like for Easter I emb her name and an Easter egg on it. I emb designs and intials on throws for my kids, there are so many things that can be made. Check out you tube or better yet, a local store that has emb machines. Not sure of what part of NC you are from but here we have several different dealers so you can check out the different ones. I've always loved Viking so that was a no brainer for me.