Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think of this idea for selling fabric? >

What do you think of this idea for selling fabric?

What do you think of this idea for selling fabric?

Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin
You are in Ohio, and I know a lot of Amish ladies live there and will quilt all fall/winter and spring before the next crop is planted. Just tell one Amish lady and the info flies up the lanes. Believe me. Just give your phone number and when everything is for sale and they will be there. I would try that first. Go to a store where they have their "scratch & dent" food and post a flyer inside the door with a lot of your phone number tabs hanging off the bottom. Guaranteed to sell. Good luck. Then you won't have to package or mail anything.
Actually most of the fabric came from Amish country when we had our business there. I knew the shortest way to all the shops and would sneak away during the day, stash the fabric in the trunk and my husband remained blissfully unaware. Except now he realizes how much I accumulated. I tried to convince him it was an investment "Look, I'm selling it when I need the money". "Sure, he says, "at 1/3th to 1/5th of what you paid. A great investment!" Can't argue there.
We're about an hour away from Amish country now. Still may work though for selling it.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Do you have any of the 30s reproduction fabrics, or animal fabrics? Depending on price, I might be able to afford a box, as long as it is LQS quality!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Do you have any of the 30s reproduction fabrics, or animal fabrics? Depending on price, I might be able to afford a box, as long as it is LQS quality!
I do have some 30s mostly Aunt Grace, mostly in one yard pieces I think. I also have animal prints (cats, parrots, dogs, horses).
Old 10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Google Goddess

I would take pictures and show us what is in each box and give each box a # so when a box is sold you will have a system to know which box the person ordered,

you need to always be a regular member here to sell items, read the rules here that admin created for us on the site

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-651-1.htm
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

SWEET! You will have to let me know prices, and all when youre ready!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

I think you have a great idea- some of the quilters are new and don't have a stash.
Then there's me who has plenty of fabric but still loves to buy!! :D
Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 AM

I agree
Old 10-12-2010, 03:49 AM

If you are going to be able to take PayPal for payment, please add me to the list of people interested in a box sight-unseen.
I love surprises and am really low on stash! LMAO
Oh and if you have solids (since you mentioned Amish...) I would be very happy with those.
Please PM me when you are ready.

Sorcha
Old 10-12-2010, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I like this idea...the little flat rate envies are $5, would hold 4 yards I bet. $25 each?

Just trying to help...don't know if this is what you are looking for but I know the bigger prices are a deterrent in this economy.
I found out the Priority Envelopes will hold 5 yards. (packed it in)I think I'd take pictures. I love surprises but some people don't. I'm anxious to see what you come up with.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:10 AM

If you have it I need 2 yards of plain medium country blue fabric to finish the binding on my Grandson's quilt. If you have it I will buy it if you can take a picture.