Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think of this idea for selling fabric? >

What do you think of this idea for selling fabric?

What do you think of this idea for selling fabric?

Old 10-12-2010, 03:46 PM

I wouldn't buy fabric sight unseen - if you want to clear out all of your stash you will probably have to take pictures for the majority of the board members - I'm not speaking for the members in general but think that is what most of us would like.

Thanks Katie for understanding my request.

Originally Posted by katied772
In my ongoing effort to clear out all my stash fast, I am considering offering flat rate boxes full of fabric. I really want to avoid photographing but thought I could fill each box with one color or all floral, all fun fabrics, theme, etc. and charge one price for each box. It would be a kinda surprise box. Not sure how to charge for this though. The fabric would be 100% cotton LQS quality only. Any thoughts, ideas here?
:P :P :P
Old 10-12-2010, 03:49 PM

I completely agree with you !!! :-)

Originally Posted by pieces
I really think pictures are a must when buying fabric.
I want to see what I am buying. With the digital cameras it only takes a few minutes to layout a stack of fabric and take a picture. And I want to know the yardage as well.
Think of this as a "fun" project, you get to play with your fabric!
Instead of as a chore. :thumbup:
Old 10-12-2010, 04:05 PM

I think this is a great idea and if I'm not too late I'd be interested in buying fabric sight unseen if I have some control over what I'm getting. I'm looking for rainbow colored fabrics to go with a pattern I'm collecting for to make a rainbow colored quilt. Also, I'm looking for background fabrics, white on white, cream, and black. PM me if you have anything like these you want to stuff in a box for one flat price. Not too much tho, because funds is an issue. Thanks!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by katied772
In my ongoing effort to clear out all my stash fast, I am considering offering flat rate boxes full of fabric. I really want to avoid photographing but thought I could fill each box with one color or all floral, all fun fabrics, theme, etc. and charge one price for each box. It would be a kinda surprise box. Not sure how to charge for this though. The fabric would be 100% cotton LQS quality only. Any thoughts, ideas here?
Hi katied772, have been seeing your ideas on selling your fabrics. When you decide what sizes and prices for surprise boxes, please pm me. I esp. like brights, florals, calicos, about the only thing I don't care too much for is large prints. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by createquilt
what part of ohio you from? Maybe the quilters from the charity groups would like to buy a great deal of material.
I'm near Canton. Thinking about having a two day sale from my home, advertise on Craig's list and contact some quilt guilds. Anyone have good contact info. for Ohio Guilds? Tried to contact some at one time and received no reply, so don't know if they got the emails or not.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I think this is a great idea and if I'm not too late I'd be interested in buying fabric sight unseen if I have some control over what I'm getting. I'm looking for rainbow colored fabrics to go with a pattern I'm collecting for to make a rainbow colored quilt. Also, I'm looking for background fabrics, white on white, cream, and black. PM me if you have anything like these you want to stuff in a box for one flat price. Not too much tho, because funds is an issue. Thanks!!!!
I think I emailed you back in July when I first was thinking about selling. See my post just above about a possible sale at my home. Maybe you could come and save on shipping.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
PJO

I think that's a great idea.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Our Guild had a fabric sale and some of the ladies put fabric in a box and had a look see sale. I bought quite a lot and really was very pleased with my purchases. In fact 2 other ladies and myself split the cost. A real bargain.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:45 PM

I would be interested too when you are ready with the prices & the shipping. I would be interested in Fall colors, Civil War fabrics, tone on tone white & beige. Also asst colors of marbled. Please let me know! Thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 05:14 PM

I like surprises! It's like Christmas or a birthday! I would buy sight unseen as long as I knew that it was reputable fabric.